flashbangs, WHYYYYY!!!???!?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

Master of your Disaster.
Nov 22, 2000
www.engr.orst.edu
I cant understand why they are no longer a part of Infiltration.
Now that there are an increasing number of weapons
that can cause so much destruction in these new realeases.
Please level the field some and give us chance!

Does the developement team plan to bring back flashbangs?

They are very necessary tactically in any type of combat
and would make the game alot more fun.
Instead now there is no way to get past the bandwidth
vacum ( aksmu and p90) weapons.

Please Bepp and gang, been playing since '98, i need
some help out there!

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

Master of your Disaster.
Nov 22, 2000
www.engr.orst.edu
Flashbangs were in 2.6 along with proxie mines.
i used them with great success and it is necessary.
Infiltration simulates commando insertion and ellite
forces combat, C4 , claymores , booby traps anything
and everything is used in clandestine operations.

Why were they taken out in the first place?
I would like to know.

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
*cough* flashbangs are an integral part of military operations in urban areas. Picture clearing a room in a building where the walls are not thick enough to stop fragments from a regular fragmentation grenade. Throwing a frag into a room would endager you and your buddies, not throwing one would make it hard to clear the room at all. Not to mention there might be non-combatants in the room. Throw a flashbang (or tactical grenade as I think they are called in US military jargon) and the problem is solved. They are mentioned explicitly to this effect in, IIRC, the USMC 'handbook for military operations in built up areas' (exact title may be different since I don't have it with me now and I frankly can't even remember if it was an Army, USMC or even Ranger Handbook).

Most of the problems associated with frags however are absent in inf (limited wall penetratoin, no non-combatants), so I think it's bearable - if not entirely realistic - that they are not in the game.

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

Master of your Disaster.
Nov 22, 2000
www.engr.orst.edu
Wow Wolf, thanks for the sanity check.
Heres the scenario: on the map chasm up in the pill box
u have an enemy with an acog covering a 3 foot wide
opening. Pull pin toss wait for flash and then slip in
past him. Yeah there are a lot of areas that flash are need
on these maps.
Thanks for the response guys.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Originally posted by The_Fur
flashbangs are not military tools, frag grenades make much better flashbangs :)

Since we (in INF) do not represent a "regular" infantry unit but rather a specialized assault unit, our "duties" include many, many different types of operations, some of which do require the mass destruction of the entire population of a area (map). Think hostage rescue/hostage capture.

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

Master of your Disaster.
Nov 22, 2000
www.engr.orst.edu
lol they were awfull in Tac Ops.
Infiltation's version of them worked great. There had a great sound to when you tossed them.
I am hoping it was just
and oversight or lack of time to implement.

As GHOST said we ARE simulating spec ops and NOT regular infantry.
And yes there are alot of things missing from our back packs, Binoculars,C4 and flashbangs to start.

The_Fur ur too funny , yes i would love to be able to toss
a hand grenade 50 ft in a line drive to the person in
the tunnel but thats not happening.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Originally posted by {GD}Ghost

Since we (in INF) do not represent a "regular" infantry unit but rather a specialized assault unit, our "duties" include many, many different types of operations, some of which do require the mass destruction of the entire population of a area (map). Think hostage rescue/hostage capture.

I don't rightly know why I don't like this statement. I always seem to have an issue deep inside me when I see these words. I guess maybe it's because it makes me feel like INF is trying to be like every other game out there. I prefer the idea of true military purpose: kill people and blow things up, I guess.

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
Originally posted by St0rmcaller

I don't rightly know why I don't like this statement. I always seem to have an issue deep inside me when I see these words. I guess maybe it's because it makes me feel like INF is trying to be like every other game out there. I prefer the idea of true military purpose: kill people and blow things up, I guess.

Jeez, I hope they didn't teach you that in the corps... It's been a while since the military could operate on that premise alone. - Unless you've recently served in the serbian or bosnian croat military that is.

Again: Non-combatants are a constant problem, even for regular military forces on non-spec-ops (or especially on those?) missions. Also, flimsy bamboo/clay/wood walls that don't protect from fragments are also always a problem. You don't need hostages in the equation to justify flashbangs. They are out there and they are being used by regular military forces on regular military operations for these reasons.

I don't miss them in Inf because there are not many flimsy walls that would require you to use flashbangs and there are to date no missions involving non-combatants. That is why it's fine with me if they are not in the game. But let's not clutter the issue... :)

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by striderteen

If you can toss a flashbang that far, you can toss a frag that far.

you'd get them about half way down the tunnel
a frag would probably not even hurt him
a flashbang would blind him if he was still looking @ the granade
giving you a change to get down
or, if he was smart enough to turn away, giving you a change your aim set up to shoot him as he comes back to his position

about the regulanr/special argument

what regular unit uses a boltaction sniper rifle?
or a askum togheter with a m16 (in the same unit)
or suppressors?
i dont even think the mp5 is that commen amount the grunts

since when do regular miltarie units get orders as complex as the ones in AS-Cubandawn and AS-chichy64
with EAS it can only get more complex