FIX for gunner flamethrower default weapon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
Well, I think I figured out why we had the flamethrower as default.

If you go to the settings and weapons, you see there is a priority menu. I put the gernade launcher on top, and vola it defaulted to gernade launcher. See the problem? There is no rocket launcher there.

So I made a fix for it in the .ini file so it defaults to the rocket launcher and puts it on top of everything else.

go to F:\UT2004\UTXMP\System and open up UTXMPUser.ini

Scroll to the bottom and you should see weapons, their priorities and crosshair stuff.

Add the following lines in:

[XMPWeapons.XMPRocketLauncher]
bUseOldWeaponMesh=False
ExchangeFireModes=0
Priority=7
CustomCrosshair=42
CustomCrossHairColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
CustomCrossHairScale=1.103256
CustomCrossHairTextureName=KA_XMP.U2.uRocketLauncher

I put the flamethrower priority on 1 too (dunno if that matters)

The rocket launcher will still NOT show up in the weapon settings in the game, but it should work regardless.

Give it a whirl, it worked for me

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I haven't bothered to tweak my priorities, but now that you mention this, I seem to recall my default tech weapon being the shotty when playing the conversion.

Is it possible that XMP unwittingly grandfathered the UT default to select Weapon 2 (in UT, the AR rather than SG) ??

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
\/\/0RF said:
I haven't bothered to tweak my priorities, but now that you mention this, I seem to recall my default tech weapon being the shotty when playing the conversion.

Is it possible that XMP unwittingly grandfathered the UT default to select Weapon 2 (in UT, the AR rather than SG) ??

I think the weapon priorities in UTXMP are more of a simple oversight than anything, (Ranger defaults to shock lance currently :confused: .) Also in U2XMP, all classes defaulted to weapon 1(rocket launcher, assault rifle, sniper rifle) at spawn.

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
The same thing can be applied to shocklance I believe by editting those settings. Set SniperRifle to a real high priority and it should work as well.

The sniper is actually in the settings/weapons i believe, so you can do it there

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Given the three different examples, we may have found the source of the confusion, defaulting to Weapon 2, rather than Weapon 1.

Not like it's a big deal or anything, but when I saw the topic header I thought "wait a tick..." :)

Dec 4, 2004
Skipr said:
Well, I think I figured out why we had the flamethrower as default.

If you go to the settings and weapons, you see there is a priority menu. I put the gernade launcher on top, and vola it defaulted to gernade launcher. See the problem? There is no rocket launcher there.

So I made a fix for it in the .ini file so it defaults to the rocket launcher and puts it on top of everything else.

go to F:\UT2004\UTXMP\System and open up UTXMPUser.ini

Scroll to the bottom and you should see weapons, their priorities and crosshair stuff.

Add the following lines in:

[XMPWeapons.XMPRocketLauncher]
bUseOldWeaponMesh=False
ExchangeFireModes=0
Priority=7
CustomCrosshair=42
CustomCrossHairColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
CustomCrossHairScale=1.103256
CustomCrossHairTextureName=KA_XMP.U2.uRocketLauncher

I put the flamethrower priority on 1 too (dunno if that matters)

The rocket launcher will still NOT show up in the weapon settings in the game, but it should work regardless.

Give it a whirl, it worked for me

Panda tested and approved :tup:

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
Glad it worked for other people. Heck, if people prefer a pistol rather than a sniper gun, they can even do that with the priority settings. I know when I was bored and played tech rarely in U2 it would always default to the assault rifle..now it can be the shotty!

Status
Not open for further replies.