Filefront to be suspended indefinently.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
:shake:
The best website for downloading stuff will go away. ****.

I would not say it was best (for clicking to a link and not having direct download link it is not best), one time it had several problems and conflicts with certain connection types, glad they solved it in the end, but it really is not my favorite site at all, so I am not that sad it goes away...
I am only sad that certain mappers uploaded their stuff only to filefront, that is what I am sad of.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I would not say it was best (for clicking to a link and not having direct download link it is not best), one time it had several problems and conflicts with certain connection types, glad they solved it in the end, but it really is not my favorite site at all, so I am not that sad it goes away...
I am only sad that certain mappers uploaded their stuff only to filefront, that is what I am sad of.

Yeap, true.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Honestly I don't find any other file distribution websites as reliable as FileFront. Only MediaFire comes close, but it's terrible at keeping files for a long time :hmm:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Honestly I don't find any other file distribution websites as reliable as FileFront. Only MediaFire comes close, but it's terrible at keeping files for a long time :hmm:

Some normal ftp site is more reliable, hell there is even rather unused ftp unreal trees at original idsoft ftp site.

Anyway all these sites as fileplanet, filefront etc are rather crap. But what is sad that these mappers and people might not tnotice it is shutting down and they lost their files, though it is foolish from them.

Also the later Uclassic mappacks for UT and ut modern pack are there, these were lost from BU fileworks because of the database crash before...but they stayed in filefront under bu section.

Anyway filefront is closing so where is the reliability? And it was never reliable for me, had loads of problems with it...even fileplanet seems better for me sorry.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
FilePlanet is a turd compared to FileFront. But the real turd is called RapidShare.

And I never had one single problem with FileFront. Uber-fast download speed, no popups, no queues, free, no login, lots of stuff I could download from it. Perfect.

Last edited:

Mikouen

FileFront UTFiles Site Manager
Mar 26, 2009
The site isn't dead, it's merely taking a break to go house-hunting. ;)

There's a group of ex-FF staff working on a new independent network to replace FileFront. We have two full backups of all of the files content from UT3Files, as well as all of the review content, documents, screenshots, and other database components.

As soon as our new network is established, we'll draw up a priority order for getting the individual game sites set back up again. The Unreal series is guaranteed to be on that list.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
There's a group of ex-FF staff working on a new independent network to replace FileFront. We have two full backups of all of the files content from UT3Files, as well as all of the review content, documents, screenshots, and other database components.

As soon as our new network is established, we'll draw up a priority order for getting the individual game sites set back up again. The Unreal series is guaranteed to be on that list.

If that's true than I'm looking forward to it :tup:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Hey guys - check the page and cool down!
Theyre back - reborn from the void ... did financial separation or so ... .