FHI Trouble

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tatlor

Aug 4, 2005
I am having trouble playing FragHouse Invasion version 4. I downloaded the one with the patch already with it. Whenever I select the "Launch FHI2k4 fix.bat" , I get this error message:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1502 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (6177)

Failed to enter IntroFix.ut2: Can't find file 'IntroFix.ut2'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Can anybody help me out here? I checked and the map is in the map folder.

Last edited:

Tatlor

Aug 4, 2005
Yes it is. I am sorry about having to use a second account, but the info for the other seems to have gone into a black hole and come back out warped. The site wouldn't accept my password or my email address. When it did accept it once, I never got the temporary password. So, I made another account. That's why I am Tatlor2 now. Anyways, back to the point, yes, it is in the maps folder.

Tatlor

Aug 4, 2005
It isn't looking for the intro fix anymore, so that worked. However, I got a new error message:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1502 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (6177)

Could not spawn a GUI Controller!

Should I maybe just copy all of the files, and have one of each in the UT and FHI folders?

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Try this:

Delete any FHI folders / files you have installed and re-install the mod to the UT2004 folder assuming that your zip archiver supports directory structure. If not, read the installation notes for manual install.

Should I maybe just copy all of the files, and have one of each in the UT and FHI folders?
No, just keep them in the appropriate UT2004\FHIv4 folders. (again, see installation notes)

Another thing Tatlor: How does UT2004 run with only 256 MB Ram? I know the minimum spec says 128 MB, but I can't imaginate how people can play this game well with that much Ram.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tatlor

Aug 4, 2005
I deleted and replaced all of the files. I also checked and made sure all of the files were in their rightful FHI place. Now I am getting the first error message again. Is there a .umod somewhere to download?

Hukkan

Jan 8, 2006
same problem

I have the very same problem, the files are where they are supposed to be and yet i got the same errror message (the introfix.ut2 one). Then i tried to copy the file to the original map folder, then i got the same error message as you did once again:

T2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2008 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (7184)

Could not spawn a GUI Controller!

If someone has any idea how to fix this please give us some backup.

Hukkan

Jan 8, 2006
yup

FHI wasnt a prop on the comp i myself use, it was when i was trying to make it work for a friend that i got the error message. An hour after i posted here i found out he had not updated ut2004 EVER.

Which pretty much revealed the problem, i got the 69 update and deletad FHI. Then re "installed" FHI and it worked.

ohh and by the way before i found out about it not being patched i tried to copy all the folders in FHI and also put them in the corresponding folder under UT2004. Then it worked even though it wasnt patched, when played it did seem a bit laggy though. After update it wasnt laggy and everything was as it was supposed to be.

So just patch the game and re "install" it