Female Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Unless the team wants to risk the "woman-with oddly-large-hands" creepiness that sadly infects many other games (anyone else remember the third-person inventory pic in Daggerfall?), they'll have to re-do nearly all of the hand modeling... if they just scale the hands down they'll have clipping problems with the weapon, and making them thinner obviously doesn't work...

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Midwinter
hmmm..... maybe some 'attributes' could be made as attachments? :D That way there would be no need to make new models... Just include it in the loadout selection list... you can even have several sizes for maximum customizability...if weapons can be made to show up slung, this should be no big trouble , should it?

hehe... just joking ;)

Yeah, and make animations for the different walking speeds *jump* *jump*

And girlies, always remember the main rule for this attachment: TGIF
they're no backpack - T|ts go in front! :D

INFgirls or not... IMO this should be the modellers and animators decision. Voice, model, face, hands... sounds like mucho trabajo. I don't think that the team is satisfied with an "easy" solution (face and voice only) too much they love details and perfection.

TitanBlue :con:
Thank god it's friday!

Sniper69

Feb 4, 2001
thats how i am if u can get me to do something normally i put full effort especially if i want to do it

&

"Sp!ke"

Remember that we(The Inf trooper) isnt a normal army man but some kind of commando, so how many special forces operatives are women, i would guess around zero(not counting G.I Jane..)

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Regarding the camos, this is my understanding:

To get a skin on a model, there are two major steps.

The first is skinmeshing the model. This essentially is unwrapping all the polygons of the model, and then pushing them flat such that they are all on the same plane. This is difficult enough to do properly and efficiently for a weapon model, even moreso with an organic model (at least in my experience). This flattening process usually gives a unique skinmesh to every model.

The second part is the texture, and obviously the more glorified part. This is what you see, and the process is pretty self explanatory. Its essentially a coloring book type dealie, with the skinmesh serving as the lines to do so.

Now, of course you could try to match the skinmesh of the female model to the skinmesh of the male model. Again, in my experience, this is rather difficult to do, and if not done properly, to the pixel, you'll get huge black seams running up and down your model. However, even if you were able to do this to a sufficient degree of accuracy, you would then have distorted the skinmesh in such a fashion that the skin would not appear properly when applied to the model again.

Hope this was somewhat explanatory.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Thanks, TC.

And to those who think that you can simply add "boobies" onto the male model...

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Originally posted by Wolf Being

I have yet to see a woman with a 2mm crew cut... ;).

Argh!

Bad memory! Flashback even! No, make it stop!

Branch Aid Station in 29 Palms, a corpsman. Her name? HM1 Payne. Yep, the name said it all. That she-bitch had a fucking high and tight! She was just plain ol' scary.