Feints

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
So it would be like....

*Player 1 shoots rocket at Player 2*
*Player 2 feigns death*
Player 1 screen: "You killed Player 2"
*Player 1 shoots rocket at Player 2 just in case*
Player 1 screen: "Now you REALLY killed Player 2"

:D

Please someone explain to me how Feign death would work.

Theres 2 ways i think (both of which kinda suck):

1. Report a fake message on the fragger's screen
2. Report NO message at all for kills (and no announcement of killing sprees).

Or is there another way?

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
with a fake flag that would stand anywhere in the map, and always stands where it s dropped until it s taken once again. sounds to be an interesting tactical option.
But this flag should be slightly different from the right one. so you must be at close or medium range to notice it.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Feining death drops the flag.
Feining death will not create false messages.

The use that he mentioned in that blurb was a bad example, that may only work in gametypes like CTF, where people might disable console death messages.

Main uses of Feign, which will now be much better since you "ragdoll", was doing so when no one was looking. Purpose for doing so maybe hard to find, other then camping somewhere, like maybe in an ONS game undetected (used to do it in DOM all the time), or to camp a powerup, or something.

For feign death to be at all useful, they will have to leave dead body's on the maps, and have them take much time to fade. Honesly, maps won't get overcrowded with body's, because (especially for those of you who didn't play UT) you will have fun shooting them, and gibbing them to near nothing. If you don't do it intentionally, then when shooting at live targets, you will miss sometimes, and hit the dead body's, especially since most people attack each other in specific places, people will die in those same places, and hence get their body's hacked up my missed flak bombs, etc.

It won't be used much, but if you are crafty, you will find uses for it. By nature, it's not exactly something you can just do whenever, and have tons of people doing it all the time.

Hydrus

is lost
Jul 19, 2004
I really, really dislike the idea of feigning death, although it's probably not going to cause too many problems once everybody works out what's happening and liek AEnubis said there will end up being few uses for it.

Personally, it looks like a decent way of getting down a steep hill without anybody noticing you, much like 'surfing' in '42. I hope they scrap the idea altogether though.