UT FCon: External console for UT servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FTPlus

Dec 27, 2008
FCon is a ServerActor that will enable administrators to log in their server with for instance telnet or putty and have direct access to the server. This allows them to alter stuff in-game or change server settings. It is designed to be very similar to the in-game console but some things are changed to make more sense.
It also has a 'script mode' which makes it easier for scripts to interact with FCon. That way you could make web applications that tap into the server.

You could also use it to communicate to people on the server.
> say I'll play in a few minutes.

Or you could cause a little havoc. Some of my favorites. ;)
> give Loque supershockrifle
> give navigationpoint nalirabbit carrot;set nalirabbit.physics falling
> * 600 give playerstart skaarjwarrior

For more information check the readme file.

I'd say check it out. :D

Attachments

• FCon100.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Holy crap, this sounds like it will be really interesting for server admins! You aughta post it over here since there's a lot of SP/coop server admins who'd probably get a lot of use out of this kind of thing.

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Server-side playerview streamcasting? <wishes out loud>

Seriously looks like a neat little mod.

FTPlus

Dec 27, 2008
Well unfortunately I don't think that is possible :(, servers appear to have no rendering at all. I tried to let it take screenshots but that didn't work. Maybe some sort of render tool? You could poll the player positions etc with this.
> get playerpawn.location

Waffnuffly, thanks for the heads up! I'll post it there too. :tup: