Favorite Weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jordanio

Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what your favorite weapon is to use so far. Since I can't really play, I've got to base my opinion on other people's opinions (aka steal their opinions), so don't be bashful! Send me some <3 and give me your favorite weapon!

(Feel free to include love letters to me as well).

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Shotgun, then the Gunners Grenades, Shark Rocket Launcher (drunken seeking rockets = rox)

Malvos

[FnG]Malvos
Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Heavy grenade launcher (until patch, then back to sniper/pistol whore) the effects on the conc grenades are great, I never really played as gunner in U2:XMP so I can't compare from before but for now they are my favs. The incendiaries look good and when you get hit with the conc the whiteout and noise makes you feel as if someone actually has snuck up behind you and hit you in the back of the head, although I feel the ringing could be extended by a couple seconds, maybe taking longer to fade out completely.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Malvos said:
Heavy grenade launcher (until patch, then back to sniper/pistol whore) the effects on the conc grenades are great, I never really played as gunner in U2:XMP so I can't compare from before but for now they are my favs. The incindiaries look good and when you get hit with the conc the whiteout and noise makes you feel as if someone actually has snuck up behind you and hit you in the back of the head, although I feel the ringing could be extended by a couple seconds, mabe taking longer to fade out completely.

Incendiary was pretty sweet looking in U2XMP with the particles that fanned shot outwards and then came back into the center of the explosion. Conc grenade effect is awesome, but not something you want to be hit by with headphones and volume turned up ;)

Malvos

[FnG]Malvos
Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Iceboy2003 said:
Incendiary was pretty sweet looking in U2XMP with the particles that fanned shot outwards and then came back into the center of the explosion. Conc grenade effect is awesome, but not something you want to be hit by with headphones and volume turned up ;)

Bah, it just gets you into the game more :) , try it 5.1 with EAX with volume cranked. Is EAX enabled in XMP, is it part of the engine or something that is done in game?

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Sniper. Even though it needs some work. But snipers are usually my favorite weapon in most games. Getting into the action scares me.

AlexMax

Dec 14, 2004
Shotgun. Have warded off many an enemy tech from the flagroom with one... I kinda wish the Assault Rifle was more useful though...it reminds me of the Halo assault rifle as it stands...

Last edited: