Far Cry 2 Release Oct 21

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
For those who get the game for pc, let us know if it looks as good as Crysis because quite frankly if this can go on the ps3 and 360, I see no reason why Crysis can't as well. Unless everything is dumbed down to hell then I take back what I just said.

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
Let me rephrase that a tad.

You can't have any fun playing First Person Shooters on a console

Well I do not know about that,but imho I do think it's impossible to play a FAST fps on console.Nothing compares to the free look of a mouse.It just feels natural and you can react as quick as you,the game,and your pc can handle.

Anyway it's not in stores around here until tomorrow.I've never been to Africa so
I think I will doing some big game hunting tomorrow night.:)

Lets try to get some screenies up asap guys.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
That's why over 5 million of COD4/Halo3 copies were sold on the Xbox 360. :)

Lets not forget the Turok series on the N64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark(and sequel), Resistance Fall of Man, Metroid Prime series. I feel I dont need to go on so not to get off topic.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Shooters will always sell because the concept is so awesome. Many millions of deluded souls have no idea how much better they'd have it on a PC - just ask them, you're bound to know a few, they genuinely have no clue. And many millions more aren't prepared to splash out on a console AND a gaming PC.

Which is why I stick with my PC. :p

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Lets not forget the Turok series on the N64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark(and sequel), Resistance Fall of Man, Metroid Prime series. I feel I dont need to go on so not to get off topic.

No matter how you turn it, FPS controls on a console are crap. Aiming sucks and you know it. I've tried FC2 last night on a PS3 and it's a great game, but I hate the controller it's just much of a pain in the ass to aim accurate.

Consoles are for Racing, fighting and platforming. Not FPS'

Where do I sign up for the LOO Newsletter?!

Last edited:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Quoteth the Steam: "This game will unlock in approximately 5 hours."

Grrrrrrrrrrr...... Where I'm from the day begins at 12:00am (midnight) not noon! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Damn you Steam!
Argh.gif

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
No matter how you turn it, FPS controls on a console are crap. Aiming sucks and you know it. I've tried FC2 last night on a PS3 and it's a great game, but I hate the controller it's just much of a pain in the ass to aim accurate.

Consoles are for Racing, fighting and platforming. Not FPS'

And I will not disagree with you on that. But to be honest, the best controller for fps's has and always will be the N64 controller. Movement with the C buttons, looking with the stick, and jumping with R. Its the only console that I can think of that actually allowed me to circle strafe effectively. You can't do that with the duel sticks of doom.

But let me clarify what I meant. Crytek has always spouted that Crysis could not be done on this generation of console, yet FarCry 2 is, albeit with lower particles and a slightly more shoddy framerate. Still playable by any means according to reviews, but it shows it CAN be done.