Extruder Masterclass

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Alrighty.
Stuck with the extruder?
Daren't click on it in case it blows up your machine?
Can't work out how to do stuff with it?
Ask here, no matter how trivial & you shall be answered (though I reserve the right to an occasional dash of sarcasm).

You people had better post questions, or I'll be forced to assume that you're all having fun extruding stuff & I'll release a NEW, extra-complicated version of the extruder. Yes, one where you have to type in the QUATERNIONS yourself! (kidding :p )

could someone find a pic of a teacher in a mortarboard to put here? I think it would be amusing. ta.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
/me feels he is qualified to use the Extruder to a a level 3a standard

PS. Random extruderness makes good caves :)

BitBasher

Quantum Singularity
Mar 24, 2001
The Void
www.user.dccnet.com
Ya know, I just can't help but giggle when I read phrases like, "use the extruder tool", or "EXTRUDE THIS!". :D

Ok ok ok, family tech forum and all that. Er uh *cough*, um, I played with Tarquin's extruder tool *giggle*, and all I got was an eight inch sausage.

stomp stomp stomp stomp slam, insane laughter.

BB.

Notice how "rude" is part of EXTrudeR.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
well I have a terrible filthy mind, and I must say I hadn't spotted that. So it's just you. pervert :D

(and hey, just to show, it was me that first said that the TakeThat song 'back for good' has a line about ... *cough* no, better save such depravity for OT ;) )

no-one has questions about using the damn thing...
[homer]I don't know if that's bad or good :(

(the frogurt is also cursed!)

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Hey tarquin, I made a nice looping with your extruder! I've attached a few pics of it.

If you wanna ride the looping yourself (it uses interpolation points), go to this thread to download the testmap.

First 2 pics are from the looping itself (not connected to other tunnels yet) and the 3rd pic has been taken while riding it (yes I'm up-side down!! :D).

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Re: ok

Originally posted by |-|UNTER
so i can run into it and get pushed thorugh?

The looping uses interpolation points, like the city intro. Touch the trigger and to start the looping.

The idea is to insert this looping into a high-speed tunnel system (which I've already done now). After entering the tunnel system, you approach the looping at high speed; when you're very close to the looping, you'll trigger the interpolation path, which will make you go upside-down :D through the looping and release you at the end, so you can go on through the high-speed tunnel till you reach the enemy base. :)

yuriks

Oct 9, 2004
yes, you DO need trigers to signal the game to make the player follow a path and...do the l-o-o-p! (with crystal voice.)

Never got anything decent from your extrude :) i have not played with it long enought.

CerberusPup

Sep 17, 2005
Extruder help

Ok i installed as instructed but i get this critical error message everytime i start...any ideas...never claimed to be intelligent so if i made some stupid mistake just smack me and ill come around...thanks for you help ahead of time.

CerberusPup

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-02_05.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2012 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

Bad expr token 3f

History: SerializeExpr <- (3F) <- SerializeExpr <- (B3) <- SerializeExpr <- (07) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function TarquinExtrudeBuilder.TarquinExtrudeBuilder.mod_FloatFloat) <- UFunction::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Function TarquinExtrudeBuilder.TarquinExtrudeBuilder.mod_FloatFloat 5937==5937/62498 5903 71) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UEditorEngine::Init <- UUnrealEdEngine::Init <- InitEngine