EuroPuF Tourney Results (Pics inside)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
Well the EuroPuF tourney went ahead yesterday on [Ci]'s clan server The Slaughter House
Despite starting approx half an hour late and although people kept having to leave, reconnect or not being able to play because of their ping and/or lag we had some very good games.
The [VI] Village Idiots were Red and [SWATSD] Snow_White and the Seven Dwarfs were Blue.

NOTE: The Demos I made are up, but for some reason the link is b0rked. I'll get 'em up as soon as possible

Lava was the first match.

EuroPuF_Tourney_Lava.jpg

Coret was up next.

EuroPuF_Tourney_Coret.jpg

Last but not least we played Orbital.

EuroPuF_Tourney_Orbital.jpg

All in all the [VI] (The team I played for) lost 2-1. Anyway it was just for fun and i can't speak for everyone but I enjoyed myself and think it would be great if we could get another one of these together in the future.

Good Games Guys

The Duke

Feb 25, 2000
Oude-Tonge,ZH,Netherlands
Visit site
Yeah, it was a load of fun :)

Too bad we lost though. Hmmm, I might have to get rid of the newbie tag, the 'getting-people-to-totally-underestimate-me'-trick might lose it touch soon ;)

Nice playing with you all, hope to be seeing you around.

l8r

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Whoops, I didn't see this thread.
I was to fast again. Well, I delete my thread and post here instead.

Hey guys, it was all fun.
We were many with ping problems in both teams, but I think and hope we all had fun.
I hope we can do something similar in the future.
As most of you already know, team [SWATSD] won the match with 2 - 1.
For you who don't know, SWATSD stands for Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs.
gramps, our leader, was Snow White of course. :D

We can still meet up in #Europuf and from there join an empty server together and have some Euro games. :)

You who took screenies and demos. please post them here.

A special thanks to SU who let us use his server and to Prophetus, who was "watching" over us and restarted the server when needed, if we not where ready to start playing.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Yes, great games and attitudes from all players. I enjoyed watching you all play. It was amusing at some points. One time was in Lava and ten seconds left. Blue had the flag and the carrier was running around inside his base, waiting for the blue flag to return. At abound ten seconds the blue flag returns. The flag carrier (who had the red flag) had on jump boots. He jumped up to cap the flag but missed the ramp. He did this serveral times and pretty much got irritated and ran out of the base, especially with only 2 seconds left. I was rolling.

Good games. Hope to play in the next one.

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
I thought it was pretty funny on Lava, at the start where I went to assist Azmo, who had the flag. He dropped it, i don't know wether he died or was low on health but I grabbed it an dodged straight into the lava. D'oh

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Hehe, I confess, it was me. I can understand that it must have seen very funny, but it wasn't at that time. Now, I can laugh about it.
I was suffer from lag and packetloss and I had hard to see where I was. Very frustrating.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
it was fun guys. too bad everybody seemed to have bad connections (read: insane pingspikes) that evening. :/

anyways, i had fun and if there's a next time, i'll be there. gg's all. :)

Aug 7, 2000
VICTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very evenly matched battle indeed........

Referee
Prophetus

Red Team
[VI]-----Village Idiots

[VI]Azmo
[VI]Mazza
[VI]RaptoR
[VI]The Inflictor
[VI]Rizman
[VI]TheDuke
[VI]D-Stroya
[VI]XeneX

Blue Team
[SWATSD]-----Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs

[SWATSD]Snow White----- Gramps
[SWATSD]Happy----- Revenant
[SWATSD]Bashful----- Skumboy
[SWATSD]Sleepy----- Swedix
[SWATSD]Doc----- Devisor
[SWATSD]Dopey----- Darkie
[SWATSD]Sneezy----- 8-4-7-2
[SWATSD]Grumpy----- SU
[SWATSD]Morgan----- Morgan

The match..............

CTF-Lavagiant
I have only played the last minutes on lava so I didn't really see the match.......the red team was playing really defensive and we were playing mostly freelancing.......we lost this one with 1-3.......... :(

CTF-Coret
I have played this one.....red was playing extremely defensive and only Xenex came to get our flag now and then........we were,on the other hand going to offense.....

The strenght of their team was their tight defense......ours was amped flak.......... (I received a new title from some of the enemy teammembers:'Amp Camp Champ'.......I feel honored............) :)

Rizman and The Duke were defending their base quite good........but Darkie and I still managed to cap one flag each...........that leaves this match won by SWATSD with 2-0 :D

CTF-Orbital
Another one I played.....(of course..If I play,we win);)
This time we were both playing with the same strategy........both very offensive freelancing.......

Azmo was really showing his skill and we had Morgan defending......they both killed a lot of FC's
Raptor also played quite good,considering his ping.
I made 2 caps,and I think the other's were made by Gramps and Darkie........I don't know who made the cap for the enemy........

That means we win with 4-1 :D

I really like this screenshot........I'm the person who's waving........
Shot2.gif

--------------------------------------------------------
SWATSD won the europuf tournament.............!!!!

There were some problems..........2 people didn't show up and other's had connection problems............the games were a little laggy.....especially in lavagiant IMO......
(Revenant was incinerated......again......)

VICTORY IS OURS!!!!!!

-Revenant

[Edited by [ACE]Revenant on 10-30-2000 at 12:36 PM]

The Duke

Feb 25, 2000
Oude-Tonge,ZH,Netherlands
Visit site
Uhm, IIRC I capped the flag at Orbital. If not, than I am mixed up with a pre-EuroPuF game on Orbital earlier that day... damn, I really dunno if it was the EuroPuF game or another one, looking at the scores it must have been Azmo :D

Well, lemme know if it was me or not... *lol*

Maybe if someone has a demo of Orbital we can see who capped it for us.

Let the mystery be unraveled ;)

l8r

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
As I already said in the othet thread I had a more or less good excuse for my absence yesterday:
[copy-paste]
Here's my apology for not showing up yesterday:

I upgraded tzo my new PIII-750 on Saturday and everything went fine until yesterday! Suddenly my computer was completely - and I mean completely b0rked!
On bootup BIOS didnt find my CD-ROM. Windows didnt find my soundcard, graphic card, SCSI host adater, registry b0rked...
And I spend the whole Sunday getting the thing up again.
Windows is a llama bitch. How to intall the drivers from CD when the drive doesnt work?
Now it is running somehow again, but I'm fed up with computers now.
Note to myself: computers must be female
[copy-paste]

At first I tought I'd make it to the game but the computer did not run until midnight.
Looks like a lot of fun and t looks like you found replcements in Morgan and LK. Next time I will definatly be there.

Did our 1337 name and the dwarf taunts confuse the enemy enough?

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
Duke: It WAS Azmo who capped on Orbital.

EuroPuF_Orbital_Cap1.jpg

Proph: I know now :) Ouch

Inf: It would be great if this was a regular fixture. You can count me in guys.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
[VI]LordOfLag----- Lordkhaine

Nope - that was me :)

My ping really sucked throughtout all of those matches - 600-700 and i coulnt play properly at all (see my score - i was bottom on each match) :mad:

We need to have another match, this time when everyone has a decent ping -- 600 steadily is just unplayable(all uk players had this ping problem, most of whom didnt play :()

This kinda screwed things up, as two of our team members were unable to play properly. On the other hand the player's attitudes were great, and all the matches were great fun :)

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
First off: Great games guys. Probably the funniest and most exciting games I ever played in my short UT career. I really enjoyed it. It's much better to play with guys I know, than with any others on a random public server.
Though we lost this match, I really -and I mean really- don't care. For me (I think for anyone else too) this wasn't about winning or loosing. It was the fact to be there, to have fun and have a good laugh at [SWATSD]'s funny keybinds :)
Congrats to everyone for these great matches, despite the fact that some of us had really high pings (e.g. I had 150 on Lava and Coret but almost constantly 900 on Orbital) However, that doesn't matter.
I hope we can do a re-match soon. I will be there. Count me in.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I'm glad you guys got off your asses and made this happen. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

With any luck, maybe I'll be able to play one of these things sometime. I guess I'll have to arrange some thing where I have to be allowed. Maybe a "People who signed up in February All Star Game". LOL.

I'm glad it wasn't a slaughter either way. The scores show it was a close matchup, making it exciting for both teams.

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
Nice games :)

I must apoligize to the [SWATSD]-team for my lousy play, you guys must've expected better from me :p.
I will not blame it on the fact that I had to play through 56k :). Rather I blame it on the fact that this weekend I was in Antwerp, and thus didn't play UT. Specifically I went out the night before, and became quite drunk, not reaching my bed untill 5 am. Therefore I sucked :p.

-SU out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.