EuroLAN 4 - Are ya coming?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
oh well i cant go now. if i did, i would be coming from southampton, and mah parents dont want me going that far by myself (i am just turning 15)

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
List updated.

Currently we have fourteen peeps. If we can get Daikiki confirmed, it would be fifteen. I'm gonna try to get [RSU]Raven (real life friend of mine) involved, which would make 16. Add three or four original [TT] lanners, and that would be 20 people, and 15 quid each. Not bad, but we need to work fast if we're going to get this arranged.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
sykes says one of his friends would like to go aswell, i've not got a name though. He probably won't know till pretty much last minute though

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
arg

my parents have suddenly said that i might be able to go if they can speak (phone) with one of the organizers...... anyone wanna talk to mah parents? :eek:

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Iridium,

Check your PM
I´ve mailed you my mobile number
I won´t be back in the UK till about 2pm Wednesday - ring me anytime after then or leave me a contact number.
We´ve had younger peeps.
Rap was 14 last time (admittedly his daddy Dedmeat came along) and Firestorm/Archasomething was pretty damn young as well (his folks dropped him off).
I understand why your parents would be concerned though - what with all the horror storys about paedophiles on the net.
Anyway - your not my type (my type being female and legal :D)
Would you be traveling up on your own or with some friends. I´d highly recommend coming with a few friends - especially if you don´t know nottingham - if you let me know what time your coming in we can meet you at the trainstation.

Toodles,

Ben "PsychoMoggieBagpuss" King

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
lol pmb. unfortunatly, i am traveling to notts by myself, but i have been in foreign places by myself before, and traveled by train by myself before (to london, 2 hour train journey or so). i will have a mobile of my own, so i could take down some contacts. its now looking likely that i can come.. but still not certain :(

hope to see you later!

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Mega update!

14 confirmed, 1 unconfirmed (Raven). It's VERY likely that Raven will be coming, but he just needs to confirm that he can go.

That would make it £20 each (£300/15 peeps)

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
How to get to Nottingham LAN Arena, pasted from the LA site...

Lanarena Nottingham Directions
A) From NEWARK: - Take A46 Nottingham. At Bingham follow A52 Radcliffe on Trent. At the first roundabout, 6 miles, take the first exit, at the next roundabout, 3 miles, take the third exit, at following roundabout, 2 miles, take second exit onto the ring road and follow for 3 miles. Take slip road at ZF Gears. Turn right at the Isis Nightclub into Redfield Way.
B) From DERBY: - Take A52 East toward Nottingham. At Nottingham University roundabout take third exit and follow A52 Grantham. Megabowl is on the right after 1 mile. Take the left slip road signposted queens Drive. At roundabout take the fourth exit back onto A52 and take the slip road at ZF Gears and continue as (A)
C) From LOUGHBOROUGH: - Follow A60 Nottingham until you reach the large roundabout at the Nottingham Knight public house. Take the first exit onto the Nottingham ring road and follow for 3 miles. Take the left slip road at ZF Gears and continue as (A)
D) From M1 NORTHBOUND: - Exit at junction 24, take the fourth exit and follow A453 Nottingham. At first roundabout, 6 miles take the second exit. At traffic lights, 1 mile, be in the right hand lane and continue through lights. Stay in this lane and follow for 2 miles until another lane joins from the right. Take the first slip road at ZF Gears and continue as (A)
E) From M1 SOUTHBOUND: - Exit at junction 26 and follow A610 Nottingham. After 5 miles the A610 crosses the Nottingham Ring Road. Turn right onto ring road and follow signs to Derby A52. Continue past Raleigh Cycle factory and Derby A52 slip road signposted Queens drive and continue as (B)
F) From EAST MIDLANDS AIRPORT: - Turn right out of Airport and follow to roundabout. Take first exit and follow to next roundabout. Take the third exit and follow A453 Nottingham and then continue as (D)
G) From A1 SOUTH: - Take A614 Nottingham, approx. 6 miles after Granada Services at Blyth. Follow A614 to Home Ales Brewery on outskirts of Nottingham. Follow signs for A52 Derby and join the Nottingham ring road. Continue past Raleigh Cycle factory and then continue as (B).

Map:
nottingham_map.gif