UE3 - General Emiter editor colour/changing debug render mode color

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

krummelur

May 24, 2011
I am currently trying to create a rain effect in udk, and as far as I can tell the best/only reasonable way to do this is by adding mesh planes with panning textures on them. however, I need a really heavy rain effect and even this solution by itself brings down framerate too much to create such a heavy effect, also it looks sort of fake so I have combined it with an emitter.

It works really well combining the rain sheets with an emitter set to one of the debug rendering modes, the only problem is that I now have yellow rain.

From what I can see this color should be affected by 'Emitter editor color' but that does absolutely nothing.

Is there a way to change thee color of the emitter rendering without using a texture?

and if it is impossible to do so, is there a way to make each particle a 1x1, that can be seen as clearly from a distance as the debug rendering modes?