UE2 - UT2kX Embedding Vehicles within a map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
I haven't found any info on this on the wikis or anywhere else really, how would i go about embedding a custom vehicle within a map? I've put the textures, SMs and such within the myLevel however i have no clue what to do with the code to change it from /Textures to within the level.

Thanks again!

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Thanks wormbo, but what do i change in the code to get it to use the textures out of myLevel instead of the package it came with? would i change it from:

#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\Animations\wcBTR-A.ukx
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\textures\wcBTR-TX.utx
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\StaticMeshes\watercraft-SM.usx

to

#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\myLevel.utx
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\mylevel.usx
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\mylevel.ukx

or something else?

Apr 11, 2006
Probably a good idea to just recompile your vehicle with the art assets as a part of the vehicle code package, then embed your vehicle package into the map.

I am not sure if it is possible to do it the way you are suggesting, but I don't think it's worth the effort to try and figure it out regardless.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Not quite sure what you mean, but that is the main source code for my vehicle, at the beginning for nearly all vehicles you have to load the textures, static meshes, and such so it knows where to fetch it from, but i have embedded those files within the level itself, and not sure how to tell it to fetch it from the level itself instead of the standard UTX and other packages.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Follow the instructions under "Importing code into MyLevel ...from a .U file" to load your compiled code. If you also want to include the resources into MyLevel, you first need to include them in the .U file by adding a "package=" parameter to the "#exec obj load" directives in your source code. Instead of "package=mylevel", it should read "package=NameOfYourUFile", but without the ".u" part.