effects.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I am trying to get certain effects to function in UT.
effects like Sparks, SparkBit, ut_spark,
UT_sparks, electricity, ParticleBurst,
I can get explosionChain to work as a test, but, the others, nothing.
Ideas?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Some of the effects are only used when called upon and that's done by scripting. Some are spark generators and call upon those sparks.

Now since I've still only got Unreal, I can only verify that Sparks does something. But for me it only generates semi-random lights. So you'll have to be creative and think of a way to get this to work out right.

And trust me anything is possible within Unreal without having to create the script for it. It just requires some ingenuity.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
yes, I have seen weapons using this effect
here and calling this effect and wont work by triggering.
I was thinking about getting such an effect to work on triggering, but I may forgo the idea, playing with alternate possibilities,
I was tesing out some stuff and decided to go forward with the level editing, perhaps I can mix something in later.
Thanx!