Easily create CB maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

War Chicken

How about I send the map to someone by eMail or ICQ ?
Screech, i cant send you an eMail - youve disabled the option, but how is it about someone else ? I would even tell you guys my ICQ# VIA personal message or sumthing like that, just to get this thing done :). CB needs MAPS !

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
alright, here goes the HELLO SPAMBOTS COME GET MY E-MAIL message :lol:

alright, my email is the following except there are no spaces and the -a- is @ (i don't want the spambots to find me).

m ik e f l ca -a- n e t sc a p e. n e t

please compress before sending, as I do not have much room. :)

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
hollib, here's a picture of what i meant by putting a grate or something where the clone jar was.

I hope the attachment works.

er yeah, I can't use trybalink either, it crashes on me, I will have to ask by brother to fix it...... :( otherwise i would upload to there

Attachments

• clnb.jpg
    clnb.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

hollib

Registered Bandit
Aug 6, 2004
lübeck, germany.
Screech said:
hollib, here's a picture of what i meant by putting a grate or something where the clone jar was.

I hope the attachment works.

er yeah, I can't use trybalink either, it crashes on me, I will have to ask by brother to fix it...... :( otherwise i would upload to there

Yes, now got what you mean. Looks better that way!
hollib

Attachments

• grate.jpg
    grate.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
I like that a lot better :) However, my main issue with it is that there is no hole in the ground or anything like that that the steam and clones would be coming out of........I had something more like this screenshot in mind: (I put this together using the default staticmeshactor from deathvalley, or whatever it is called) :

Also, is there any way to put that yellow ring a tad lower in the ground? I hate getting my barracuda stuck in it :lol:

screech

Attachments

• Shot00019.JPG
    Shot00019.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 26

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
Alrigh hollib, I got the new one and played it and i like the new look a lot, but I stand by what i said earlier.....I think it would look better if you used that circular staticmesh thing from deathvalley instead....Here's what i mean:

The picture on the left is the way it is now, and the picture on the right is how I think it should look.

Also, I thought for a second that things looked a tad off center, but thenm that doesn't really matter, And i don't know, maybe i was just imagining it.

for those of you outside the loop ( :p) cravensmythe, deke, hollib and I played on this new map hollib is working on, 3 on 3 (1 bot each team), and it played great :) :) It'sprobably almost done, jus a few things to straighten out (like the clone jars :lol: )

Attachments

• Shot00020.JPG
    Shot00020.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Shot00021.JPG
    Shot00021.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
So the name is now zabriskipoint? :lol: sounds cool, I can't wait until this is finished so we can all play on it :)

right now I am hosting CLN-faceclassic on linux just for the hell of it, but I'm not sure if it will download from my server correctly. In fact I'm almost sure it will not. However trybalink should be working now (there was a problem with who had what priveliges etc) so you may want to try uploading that map again.

screech

edit: the upload still doesn't work. :( On another note, there's gotta be some way to get that map smaller.....

edit again: not hosting anymore.

Last edited:

War Chicken

That Face-thingy has been just some kind of test. I really think it doesn't have the style and feeling of CB. The only Standart map that might suit CB is ONS-RedPlanet when theres some trash addet... maybe. I'm working on a completely new map now. This is for me my debut for a compley map... really hope it will be good :)

ah, screech... for what map do you want that musicfile you showed me ?

Last edited:

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
the one (or ones ;) ) that hollib is working on, canyonero (daytime) and zabriskipoint (nighttime). They will probably be released soon........however if you want some screenshots.... **coug**Deke **cough** Or maybe i can put some up later.

screech

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
here's a few:

the first one is a view of (part of) canyonero, the second one is a little nitrous i got jumping off one of the many hills, and the third is (a part of) (still in development?) zabriskipoint.

screech (AKA Mr.PipeFetish :rolleyes: :eek: )

Attachments

• Shot00022.JPG
    Shot00022.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Shot00023.JPG
    Shot00023.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Shot00024.JPG
    Shot00024.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 37

War Chicken

Yeah, looks great. Can't be too much maps :) and it looks fine !
Damn, I wantet to add some roads to my map like in death valley, but they're 2 fixed big static meshes, and no UT standard map has nice roads... wantet to rip some from postal2 but when i try the Ued gets killed :(

...uh... FIFTEEN NITROUS ?????!?!?!!!?!?!???

Last edited:

Dracarys

Oh Noes!
Aug 21, 2004
Cravensmythe, your server is password protected :( . I soo want to try the new maps, but I can't with that like that. Please, unlock it!

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
I eat 15 nitorus for breakfast a real man gets 16 off that jump

Screech

15 nitrous pah 16 nitrous is what you want ;)

Attachments

• 16 nitrous.JPG
    16 nitrous.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 36