EAS-INF-ReactorSector46 ICLR Version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I think he should not change those textures, they are fitting better to the other colors as they are now. Just think of a colored window --> to make the workers happy (even if you are working while it is night outside a shining window makes you happy inside :D )

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
[C22]-Acolyte said:
Well actually not just in the container area, but everywhere where there are roof windows. The light coming in is orange suggesting a sunset :) It's just a small thing and if we just say "Well the windows have orange tint on em" that'll to the trick :lol:

Anyway see the attached picture to see what I'm talking about. The sky (?) seen through the windows is not consistent with the sky at the attacker's insertion point.

I was going to say that it was Spooge's intention to have it that way because both the outside sky and the the skylights were present in his original map (therefore we can say that the windows really did have an orange tint), but then I remembered that the skylight and windows came from different original maps (Sector4 and Sector6) and that I was possibly unfaithful to the original...

In short, I don't propose to change the sky or the tasty rich orange colouring in the reactor. :)

As for that damn door :mad: ... would you settle for it being stuck open (could take either a day or two weeks to fix) or just being invisible as it is? (because even the official maps -- e.g. CubanDawn tunnel door leading to bar -- have this problem ;) ).

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
Well I dont mind it being fixed open/closed. But if its fixed open it'll mean easier to attack, easier to spam nades in etc. If its fixed closed, it'll mean too easy defending ...

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
[C22]-Dragoon said:
Well I dont mind it being fixed open/closed. But if its fixed open it'll mean easier to attack, easier to spam nades in etc. If its fixed closed, it'll mean too easy defending ...
Well, it is already a very hard map to attack on. So I don't think that leaving the door open permanently would be bad.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
keihaswarrior said:
Well, it is already a very hard map to attack on. So I don't think that leaving the door open permanently would be bad.

I'll try and install INF 2.9 at work (hey, it's my last full day ever in this job) and get something out today.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I am not sure if this is wanted that way but you can secure reactor 4 controll room without entering it, just walk close to the wall in front of the controll room and you start capturing it.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
That was intentional in that a defender could linger outside the control room to stop the capture, forcing the attackers to come out and fight if necessary.

However, it may be neater to turn the control point into a control zone, covering from the first set of doorways onwards into the control room. Should I do that?

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Ok, here's another version: http://www.doodoo.demon.co.uk/EAS-INF-ReactorSector46J.zip

This has the problematic door to the control room fixed open, but to compensate I've added a couple of barrels for cover in the control room, and also made the control area the control room zone (as mentioned above, does not now extend outside the control room doors).

I've not been able to test this version at all; the control zone may now be broken, and the BSP has changed, so odd BSP errors may occur in other parts of the map; I therefore recommend a thorough retest if you're considering using this version.

If the I version is declared fine, great. The I zip is the release version.

If, instead, the J version is declared fine, please rename it to 'EAS-INF-ReactorSector46I' and overwrite the version in the I zip, and consider that new 'I' zip the release version.

Hope that makes sense...

Last edited:

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Odie3 said:
Manually renaming Map names seems to cause issues when tring to set the Cammos.... at least from what I have seen.

I wasn't aware that map names were embedded within maps; well, if option 'J' is fine, let it remain 'J' then (somebody will need to amend the readme accordingly)...

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Odie3 said:
Okay the Barrels show up just fine. But I am not sure what a BSP errors are or who to look for them. As for the Control Zone being broken, how do you mean?

BSP errors are those random things that go wrong in maps like invisible walls, hall-of-mirrors (HOMs), killzones, strange dark spots, and so on. I think it's ok, though, but I've not been able to test it at all.

By the control zone being broken, I mean that it may not behave as before (it may be uncapturable, for example), due to my changing the implementation of that objective without testing that either.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Reactor has not crashed on (as far as I know). I believe this version was changed for ICLR. It is running on GD server but I have no idea if it has passed the ICLR requirements.....

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Fenris said:
Sorry mate, went a tad out of focus with things getting close to a start.

Will make sure this gets tested soon.

No problem -- with my recent performance, I can hardly complain about things not getting done ;)

Anyway, if it's still broken, I am now (more) available to fix it (again) :)