EAS-INF-LondonCity (beta release)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lode

May 1, 2002
Viriginia!
Visit site
as a reminder: the little time ive played on the map makes me feel that the defender spawns leading to the main big square area needs to be more varied. its because if you want to fight in the big square you have to run through one of two bottlenecks which can let the offense hold those exits with only two guys. so basically i would like to have a third or even fourth way to go back around further up the square maybe to a side street or alleyway (which you have one but it doesnt lead far away from the corner. you can make it fairer by making those ways slower, doors that close, twists and turns etc. and you could push by the spawns a bit. you don't want to make it too easy for them to flank attackers.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
lode said:
as a reminder: the little time ive played on the map makes me feel that the defender spawns leading to the main big square area needs to be more varied. its because if you want to fight in the big square you have to run through one of two bottlenecks which can let the offense hold those exits with only two guys. so basically i would like to have a third or even fourth way to go back around further up the square maybe to a side street or alleyway (which you have one but it doesnt lead far away from the corner. you can make it fairer by making those ways slower, doors that close, twists and turns etc. and you could push by the spawns a bit. you don't want to make it too easy for them to flank attackers.

Thanks for reminding me.

I've added a tunnel which goes under the NE alleyway leading to the spawn area and comes out in the subterranean bit in front of the N building. It's still near the same area, but it gives another possibility for the defenders.

I've also added a tree in that same bit and some more cover to help out. I'll try and get a test version out real soon now...

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
I'm putting together the release version now. I'll shortly give Odie a new version of the map to test; in the meantime, is anyone able to turn this Word document into a PDF file for me? (assuming that's the best thing to do; at any rate my exported graphics look ugly in Word)

In case you're interested, this is the briefing document I propose to distribute with the map, containing a list of objectives, a revised street map, and plans of the objective building.

EDIT: So hopefully people can beta test the new version without getting lost ;)

Attachments

• LondonCity briefing document.doc
    121.5 KB · Views: 7

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Fat Marrow said:
I'm putting together the release version now. I'll shortly give Odie a new version of the map to test; in the meantime, is anyone able to turn this Word document into a PDF file for me? (assuming that's the best thing to do; at any rate my exported graphics look ugly in Word)

In case you're interested, this is the briefing document I propose to distribute with the map, containing a list of objectives, a revised street map, and plans of the objective building.

EDIT: So hopefully people can beta test the new version without getting lost ;)

pdf version as requested

Attachments

• LondonCity briefing document.pdf
    124.3 KB · Views: 57

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Ok, I've just uploaded to here (same place) the release zip (minus the three packages mentioned above).

Could someone do me a favour and add those three files to this zip to make it ready for release? I'd like to test it on GD first, thoigh, before pushing the button (as it were).

The necessary files are MattCityDecos.u, MattUKCityDecos.utx and MattUkCity.utx.

I'll start a release thread when all that's ready and tested.