Duplex clips for magazines

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
How about ability to duplex magazines together? Not tape them facing opposite directions (that's dumb), but connect them using actual duplexing clips, which ARE milspec. In actual use, it would mean shorter reload time, but higher bulk (ie, 2 magazines of bulk 2 each connected together would be bulk 5).

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Clipped magazines are NOT milspec.

Debri doesn't descriminate whether the magazine is upright or otherwise.

Clipped mags are a cop thing. You don't use them in the field unless you've got a death wish.

&

"Sp!ke"

they use clipped mags in urban enviorments, they dont use them where there is dirt(they seem to be good at collecting sh!t)
sh!t in guns=JAMS!:D

Military police use it, dosnt that make it mil-spec?

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Totally wrong environment. Just imagining an open mag on Relics makes me feel all dirty (chuckle)

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Duplexing clips for STANAG magazines are standart issue item in IDF, most people are required to carry a pair of magazines in a "tzolevet".

And, this is gonna hurt:

patrol.jpg

Operator on the left is carrying a CAR15 rifle in designated marksman configuration. Operator in the middle is carrying a CAR15 rifle with an Elbit Falcon reflex sight mounted, which is standart configuration in most IDF infantry units. Both have duplexed magazines loaded. Caption reads: IDF soldiers patrolling in the streets of Hebron.

&

"Sp!ke"

Why is it gonna hurt? am i missing something?

and btw. nice hats:D

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
The streets of hebron are a reasonably clean enviroment. Try using duplex magazines in the malayan jungle, or any forested/wet enviroment.

As they say;
A little sand, a little snow, and off to heaven you will go.

Btw, that is NOT a 'CAR15'. It's an M16A1 carbine(erroneosly called the CAR-15 by the IDF).

The rifles under the CAR-15 program are only the ones that carry the XM177 designations.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
If the INF team really, really, REALLY wanted to put these things into the game, I guess they could somehow mark exactly which maps are sufficiently "clean" and only let people have duplex mags on those maps... but at this point the trouble has long exceeded the worth...

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by ShakKen
The streets of hebron are a reasonably clean enviroment. Try using duplex magazines in the malayan jungle, or any forested/wet enviroment.

As they say;
A little sand, a little snow, and off to heaven you will go.

Btw, that is NOT a 'CAR15'. It's an M16A1 carbine(erroneosly called the CAR-15 by the IDF).

The rifles under the CAR-15 program are only the ones that carry the XM177 designations.

As I said, duplexed magazines are standart issue item in IDF, and Israeli environment is mostly desert, though we don't have any malayan jungle around here, and forested environments are sufficiently rare for the army to have formed a special unit to fight there instead of including it into regular infantry training.

IDF's M16 carbine is a homemade combination of these parts:
M16A1 upper reciever or VERY rarely flattop
M16A1 lower reciever (always)
Telescopic stock, US-made, or often Israeli-made plastic replica
14.5" 1:12 twist barrel, sometimes (very rarely), a heavy 1:7 twist barrel (I've only seen one so far, my commanding officer carries it)

This is what is issued to nearly all infantry units (armor, artillery, combat engineering, and some of the antiair units use Galil SAR), very commonly with an Elbit Falcon reflex sight. Hebrew name for it is "em-shesh-esreh mekutzar" which translates as "M16 shortened", or most often just "mekutzar". Closest western designation for such a rifle is CAR15.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
IDF M16 carbines are not custom made.

They're built in the US to model RO635 and 634 specifications. Our navy uses the exact same weapon, though ours are made in the Philippines albeit with 1 in 7' twist.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
I've traced the lineage of the AR-15 rifle far back enough to know Exactly where the IDF's M16 carbines came from.

They originated from a USMC request at the eclipse of the CAR-15 program which started in 1966. Major purchasers included Israel, Phillippines, and several South American countries.

All are built to Colt specs, Select IDF carbines tend to have modifications done to the barrels, sometimes a 4 position stock and more often than not, include a nonstandard grip.

Not like I don't know a few fine folks in the IDF myself. :rolleyes:

(correction to earlier post, M16A1 carbines carry model numbers R0653 and 654. Depending of selective/burst cam configuration.)