1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jenkins, Nov 12, 1999.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins America's Greatest Kitten Mitten

Duke is going to be the greatest game ever created, much much much better than Unreal. I just hope they start putting out some movie clips, more screenshots, etc... I want to know what Duke is going to look like now, although I have a pretty good idea. Any thoughts on how bad *** the game is going to be? I hope we don't need a high end peformance mega-machine to play it. PeAcE

-------

Jenkins

2. Bishop

Bishop New Member

My Impression of DNF is that it will be a game that finally uses the Unreal Editor to its full potential.From what I've seen the design team is making a good effort to realize real world enviroments and textures.I think real world enviroments are going to be the next big thing. I know I'm sick of cartoonie looking sci-fi crap being rammed down my throat. HERES TO REALITY!

3. TheRock

TheRock The Official BuF MASCOT

Reality? You want reality in a game?
    The Rock says you can take that pathetic excuse for your reality and stick it up your candy-*** ! Who in their right mind wants REality in their GAMES? The Rock plays games to take a brake from REALITY.
    Not Take a break from GAmes and Enjoy REALITY. That is the biggist pile of monkey-crap The Rock has ever heard! And let me guess you LOVED The MATRIX.
    IS that REALITY? In your Dreams PAl.

The Rock will show you reality its called
    The Rock Bottem. And thats the feeling you will have when I stick a redeemer up your candy-*** .

Reality. HAH!

[​IMG]
    The Rock is without a shadow of a doubt the most elecrtifying poster in PlanetUnreal Entertainment in the world today.

4. Bishop

Bishop New Member

Rock,
    Very Humerous editorial.I can appreciate your need for escapism in games, I'm just saying that even fantasy-sci-fi style games could use some texture enhancement. When I'm playing a game I want to feel like I'm there, I don't want to see plunky hand painted textures and chunky wire framed goons.Lets take it to the next level! The Unreal editor is fully capable of producing very convincing realities (When I say realities I mean any reality but with more convincing design!).I just wish designers would spend more time on detail and less time on multi-colored lighting and locations with no depth.I did like the MATRIX but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

[This message has been edited by Bishop (edited 11-12-1999).]

5. Jenkins

Good points Bishop. I know exactly what you mean, I hope DNF has mucho reality. Things I look for in a game are number of levels and reality. I also want to play a game that I actually get into. DNF is just going to be that type of game for me. I just hope the next generation engines will be able to support real-time texturing, that is taken from real photographs and such.

Oh yeah, Rock. Get a grip, you're not him and you sound like a moron when nobody's being rude. So just cut the crap. I know this is going to bring me some crap from you but I don't care... and you're spelling electrifying wrong, the T comes before the R.

-------

Jenkins

[This message has been edited by Jenkins (edited 11-13-1999).]

6. Cammy

Cammy Nymphomaniac

Any game featuring strippers ought to be one cut above the rest, surely. /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

[​IMG]
    Shake it, baby!

7. Jenkins

I wonder if they are going to go all the way with the strippers in this one. Rather than that stuff covering they're nipples in the first one. The next version of them should be better, hehe, real-time textures *wink* *wink*

-------

Jenkins

8. Voyd-

Voyd- New Member

hey did you know that all the strippers in the game are motion captured? they brought some real strippers and made em dance so what you see will look VERY real /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

and im not sure about full frontal nudity, they are probably gonna go with pg-13 as a rating....they need to sell games and the majority who buy it will be teens anyways.

9. Jenkins

Oh yeah, I remember that point now. I'm sure more teens would buy the game if there was full frontal nudity /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I doubt that will make the game kick more *** . I just can't wait, I hope it's everything I'm expecting.

-------

Jenkins
    Check out my site
    /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

10. Ray_Wilson

Ray_Wilson New Member

Have you seen the pics from DNF using the U/UT engine?
    BTW they look cool!

[​IMG]
    If noone care what will happen?

11. Jenkins

Yes, I've seen the pictures. very nice, can't wait for the game to come out. Editing will be a dream.

[​IMG]
    Jenkins

12. Wolf Blackstar

Wolf Blackstar That other Wing Commander guy

The latest I heard was that they were using the Unreal technology so that players could attach objects to change their faces, i.e. sunglasses, like classic Duke style or Terminator shades. (I think its in PC Gamer December 99 issue)

I'm interested in seeing how DNF handles CTF. I know it's not something that comes to mind when you think of Duke, but its very popular and addictive.

I hope they include a large selection of player models too(i.e. Dr. Proton, some of the monsters, etc.

[​IMG]
    -Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

13. DragonFireZ

DragonFireZ New Member

all this bickering /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

14. Combat-Ant

Combat-Ant New Member

DNF will rock, thats for sure.

Lets face it, 3D Realms haven't failed us yet. Apogee have failed us on many occassions, but thats different........isn't it?.......yeah it is.

[​IMG]
    Mike / Combat-Ant
    Inferno Interactive
    http://www.planetunreal.com/inferno

15. ShadowKi][er

ShadowKi][er  

This game will or will not be good.

Or not.

16. eLy

eLy New Member

seems to be another MO-MO-MO-MONSTERBUMP !

17. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

DNF = Did Not Finish :p

18. Lise

Lise Being a girl makes you kick more arse.

Does the fact that people were saying this nigh on four and a half years ago make anyone laugh and weep at the same time?

George Broussard will never get another job after DNF releases - or flames out at last.

19. eLy

eLy New Member

yeah,. DNF is teh biggest joke ever...

oh how i loved Duke3D,...and according all the videos from e3,. they probably had it done to 80% twice and then changed the engine...

georges parents must be rich,.

20. master_newbie

master_newbie 2D Mod Fan

here are the latest statements of george broussard:
    (he posted it this monday in the DNF forums)

DNF will be the best game ever :)