1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

duffer will not work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by shak, May 16, 2004.

1. shak

shak New Member

im using ut2k4 version 3204 and duffers will not run at all. it doesnt appaer in the mod menu of ut2k4 ad always gives an error, "runtime error", if i use the *.bat file
    the error can be seen below

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. {BL}Hawkwind

{BL}Hawkwind New Member

I'm having a similar problem, with the patch installed.

When trying to launch from Duffers.bat I get the error mentioned above, and when trying to activate the mod from inside UT2004, I get this message:

Hopefully this will be compatible with the patch soon, I'm really excited about trying this mod. Being an avid golfer and ut freak, mixing the two together is a dream come true :) lol

3. Deep Qantas

Deep Qantas New Member

Error count++

Yup. Same trouble here.

4. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

The "Could not spawn a GUI Controller!" is an ini issue. Make sure you have a default.ini and defuser.ini in the /Duffers/System directory and delete the Duffers.ini and DuffersUser.ini and relaunch.

5. Captain'04

Captain'04 I'm the Alpha and the Omega

me 2 but ive got a complicated solution.First install UT2k4. AND DONT INSTALL PATCH?!? Now install Duffers, start bat and look if its working. And now install the patch. ANd? My golf is working on new patch!

6. Deep Qantas

Deep Qantas New Member

Yepp. I suppose I'll try this mod again when I need to unrar my UT2004 again.

Actually... hm. I suppose that's today. I wanna do some little mapping so I gotta get rid of all custom packages anyway. See you at the greens. :D

Last edited: May 23, 2004
  7. beefsack

beefsack the authority in beef

unrar

nice

8. bstef9950{TOC}

bstef9950{TOC} New Member

I loaded everything it showed the mod in the community section but i can't find it in the mutator list.Or how to start the mod.I think im right there Help!

9. Mix

If it shows it in the community section, select it in the menu and press "activate" at the bottom.

10. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

I cannot get Duffers to work with 3204, even with all the voodoo listed above.

11. Mix

For those haivng issues launching Duffers after installing the patch: Delete your Duffers.ini file, unzip this file in your /Duffers/System dir. and relaunch Duffers.

Attached Files:

12. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

IT WORKS!

You are a god among men!