duffer will not work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shak

May 15, 2004
im using ut2k4 version 3204 and duffers will not run at all. it doesnt appaer in the mod menu of ut2k4 ad always gives an error, "runtime error", if i use the *.bat file
the error can be seen below

attachment.php

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 165

{BL}Hawkwind

May 16, 2004
SD
www.theblacklegion.com
I'm having a similar problem, with the patch installed.

When trying to launch from Duffers.bat I get the error mentioned above, and when trying to activate the mod from inside UT2004, I get this message:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1540 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 SERIES (6436)

Could not spawn a GUI Controller!

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Hopefully this will be compatible with the patch soon, I'm really excited about trying this mod. Being an avid golfer and ut freak, mixing the two together is a dream come true :) lol

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
The "Could not spawn a GUI Controller!" is an ini issue. Make sure you have a default.ini and defuser.ini in the /Duffers/System directory and delete the Duffers.ini and DuffersUser.ini and relaunch.

Deep Qantas

Apr 19, 2004
Yepp. I suppose I'll try this mod again when I need to unrar my UT2004 again.

Actually... hm. I suppose that's today. I wanna do some little mapping so I gotta get rid of all custom packages anyway. See you at the greens. :D

Last edited:

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
For those haivng issues launching Duffers after installing the patch: Delete your Duffers.ini file, unzip this file in your /Duffers/System dir. and relaunch Duffers.

Attachments

• default.zip
    352 bytes · Views: 117