Dude, you have a tape deck on your PC! Thats SICK!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
That's the coolest looking tape deck I've ever seen. :tup:

And I always wondered if anyone had thought of puting a tape deck in their computer. But for less than 150 bucks.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Freakin_Bastard said:
$149! OUCH!

There's nothing quite like the sound of digitally enhanced tape-hiss.

Save your money and do it for free using an old walkman and a couple of headphone wires cut and spliced together.

:D

Truer words were never spoken.

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
Freakin_Bastard said:
$149! OUCH!

There's nothing quite like the sound of digitally enhanced tape-hiss.

Save your money and do it for free using an old walkman and a couple of headphone wires cut and spliced together.

:D

Need to do that for some old 8tracks and records, I got laying around.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
you might be able to go to Wally World and grab an underdash AM\FM cassette deck and run it off the 12v rail from the power supply...then you`d have the radio too. :)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Cat Fuzz said:
Old tech in a new package. Tape drives were used on computers back in the early '80s.

Hey if you want to install your UT2k4 on 6,500,000 cassettes...thats cool with me. Just thought it worked better with music.

Hmmm...

that would take 390,000,000 hours to install. (given they where 60 min tapes)
44,520 years to install
Isnt the sun supposed to go out before then?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
OO7MIKE said:
Hey if you want to install your UT2k4 on 6,500,000 cassettes...thats cool with me. Just thought it worked better with music.

Hmmm...

that would take 390,000,000 hours to install. (given they where 60 min tapes)
44,520 years to install
Isnt the sun supposed to go out before then?
I think we'Ve got a few millions of years left ;)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Rukee said:
halfway thu a match the game stops and a window pops up...."Please insert tape # 246,724 and press Enter" :B

LOL

Actually I was thinking more like firing up UT2k4...

Please insert play cassettes 211,786 - 244,871

Lets not get into patching the game....

Last edited:

-Penfold-

I remember waiting a few minutes for a tape deck plugged into a Commodore 64 or maybe a Vic20 while it loaded zaxon. That is as far as my experience goes with (audio style) tapes and computers. I'd like to keep it that way.

I wonder how long UT2004 would take to load at such a slow data transfer speed. It'd probably be time to get the next version before you'd even play the first match.

Last edited: