dropping clone jars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT-Vehicle-Fan

Oct 15, 2004
I have found a bug in the version 1.1 with one the Bots very easily can be defeat:
You go with a Moscowboy beside the enemy's Clone Jars and take a Clone Jar and dropp it with the Moscowboy.
Then you repeat this several times.The bots won't come and return all Clone Jars you dropped.
Is it possible to make a Script for preventing that one rides with a Clone Jar on a Moscowboy?

Jason[Demiurge]

Level Designer
The bots are programmed to pick up dropped jars, so I'm not sure how that's happening. Maybe you've dropped them in a place that isn't accessible via the pathnode network.

As for allowing people to carry jars on rocket bikes (I think that's what you were suggesting), we discussed that we quickly came to the conclusion that it would make the rocket bike terribly powerful for transporting jars back to base. It would also introduce problems with being able to strand jars in ridiculous places that the AI (and most players) would never be able to get to. Imagine if you could carry the flag in UT while translocating. There are very good reasons not to.

So the rocket bike will remain as is. Besides, the moscow boys saddle bags aren't nearly large enough for clone jars! Just look at them!

UT-Vehicle-Fan

Oct 15, 2004
Yes.. the botpaths: The only map where it was really impossible to win by dropping clone jars was Death Valley because of the turetts in the base. I played with bots on masterful and in the other maps in won with dropping clone jars. I tested the maps from 1.1 and the amigos mappack. The maps are all great :tup: but there should be enough turrets in the base like in Deathvalley or for all maps: I mean that nothing happen if you press "use", while standing in front of a Moscowboy. Is that possible?