don't laugh too hard re: static meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

couldn'tben00ber

Oct 26, 2004
Ok, so I'm just starting out today on my first map. When I try to use any of the browser buttons, they don't do squat. I thought the UT textures and meshes were already saved and ready for use. What am I missing (besides a big brain)? :(

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Well better now than never to take a crack at Ued...

well to get textures load the texture browswer...go to file open...pic a package and there on the srceen you will see all the textures of that package...just click the all button the texture broswer or use the drop box atop the texture broswer to view the different types of textures in that package like floor, base, walls etc.

same applies to static meshes...load the SM browser...file open pic a package and see all the meshes just like with the textures you can view all the SM in the package or different types like lights, wall panel, miscellenous etc.

hope this helps.... oh and one good recommendation is hit 3dbuzz for thier VTM ( video training modules) for ut2k4 ( you need to sign up but the stuff is free of charge and no sign up fee either just name email etc ) or if you have the special edition dvd load dvd 2 for cool video tutorials how to navigate and use unreal ed....

good luck with your future mapping projects