dm-deck16][roshi "update"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Still Working!!! Trying to make a crappy map better in not easy. Most of it had to me deleted and started over. The problems addressed earlier The dead end with the flack cannon was replaced with a hallway/warpzone in attempt to improve the flow. The sniper spot that was spoiled with the player start was also addressed by relocating the player start and additional snipping point was added. The warhead launcher platform was completely deleted and replaced with the new one you see in the pics. The 2 hallways leading off allow access back to the main room. I'm still don't know what I want to do with the lower area that had the slime. Still using the original textures and lighting needs redone yet. "Any ideas?"

1 => The main room.
2 => The problem with the dead end is no more.
3 => The warhead launcher platform.
4 => Warhead launcher platform from 2 different views.

Any comments welcome!!! Good or bad

Attachments

• Main room.JPG
    Main room.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 149
  • nomoreDend.JPG
    nomoreDend.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Redeemer.JPG
    Redeemer.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 115
  • Panview.JPG
    Panview.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 113

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
so are you ever going to stop being multiple instances of a fake you?
At least you aren't pretending to me female anymore.

i'm a big fan of the deck 16 i have to say it looks better than the original but i'm not sure how will people respond to another remake, adding another way out from the flack is a good idea i remember getting corner by some punk while playing online :p

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
The dead-end by the upper flak cannon was fine. If you couldn't fight your way, than you suck. Now the dead-end by the slime sucked because there was slime below, and a narrow catwalk to use, and was too easy to fall off while fighting from it.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
GRëd (V)èg@1224 said:
I'm not sure how will people respond to another remake,
I Know That's because Most people change 1 or 2 things in the map and then call it a remake... :(

AMmayhem said:
The dead-end by the upper flak cannon was fine. If you couldn't fight your way, than you suck. Now the dead-end by the slime sucked because there was slime below, and a narrow catwalk to use, and was too easy to fall off while fighting from it.

I will Take a look at that dead end and see what I can do. Your correct that one sucks people can easily knock you off and you have no real fighting chance. And about the other one all it takes is a camper with a powerful weapon and your had. And we are back to the no real fighting chance.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
AMmayhem said:
The dead-end by the upper flak cannon was fine. If you couldn't fight your way, than you suck.

1 = Ugly
2 = Not fair for new players.
3 = Made 1 nice sniper spot... :lol:
I still like it better the new way.

AMmayhem said:
Now the dead-end by the slime sucked because there was slime below, and a narrow catwalk to use, and was too easy to fall off while fighting from it.

I could not find a way to fix that so i just removed it. :)

Any more ideas?
Maybe some help with the lighting?

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
The brasilian noob said:
It does remind me my second and never released attemp on making a deck16 conversion. Basically "more from the same. No big changes in architeture or lightning department".

Would it be a posibility if i can get a look at it?