UE1 - UT Disappearing Coronas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PsyXandeR

Aug 5, 2005
W00ting himself on CTF-AllYourW00T
(copied from UP)

Heya I got an issue with coronas ( aka lens flares) - they appear / disappear randomly whethe I look at it or don't. It really drives me nuts, especially when I don't see any reason why this happens. Perhaps it can be an amount of those things in view' Each lightsource I use has its of corona, and I have approximately 20 light sources in the room. Can amount of coronas cause this error?

Also, is it that good idea to use coronas in general? I mean most of the maps I played simply don't use them.

Thnks in advance.

I tried playing with various ZoneInfo properties but none of hem seem to work... or am I doing something wrong?

Apr 11, 2006
(copied from UP)

Heya I got an issue with coronas ( aka lens flares) - they appear / disappear randomly whethe I look at it or don't. It really drives me nuts, especially when I don't see any reason why this happens. Perhaps it can be an amount of those things in view' Each lightsource I use has its of corona, and I have approximately 20 light sources in the room. Can amount of coronas cause this error?

Also, is it that good idea to use coronas in general? I mean most of the maps I played simply don't use them.

Thnks in advance.

I tried playing with various ZoneInfo properties but none of hem seem to work... or am I doing something wrong?

I've experienced the same thing before. I think it's normal behavior to have coronas fail to draw if you've got a large number of them in view.

As for coronas in general, yes, it's absolutely a good idea to use them. Just make sure they're subtle.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Oh one thing you can do is to replace some coronas by sprites. That wont work on regular lamps tho, as sprites behave slightly different, but it can work very well on distant coronas, or lights on top of antennas and all that.

Sprites do not disappear as far as I know.

You need to place a light, but don't enable bcorona, and set it to hidden false so it shows up ingame, then change the light actor texture with a corona texture, and possibly change its render/draw state to Translucent or something similar.

Many UT maps have this.