Deus Ex Total Conversion: "The Nameless Mod"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Wow, now here's a rarity - a mod for the UE1 game, Deus Ex. (And if you haven't played it, for QAPete's sake, play the damn thing! It's awesome!) ModDB has posted a preview of a full TC for the modification, in the works for seven years, and called succinctly "The Nameless Mod."

You play as Trestkon, an intelligence agent with a mixed past who is called back from retirement to help the administration of a virtual community called Forum City. One of the most powerful Moderators, Deus Diablo, has vanished into thin air and it's your job to find him at all costs. In true Deus Ex fashion you're free to tackle this problem any way you see fit. The story starts off simple, giving you the choice to enlist your services in either one of the two major corporations: PlanetDeusEx or World Corp. Both offer completely different stories that will keep you entertained from start to finish. After a few main missions are under your belt your actions really start to turn heads within Forum City and you might find yourself thinking hard about conversation choices and vital mission outcomes. Side quests follow a similar setup where a large chunk can be completed by joining one of two other factions that really don't have much to do with the main story but still warrant additional play-throughs. The average game time for the main story clocks in at around 15 hours, so you might want to play this over a weekend to really digest the story.

If you're looking for a new spin on this oldschool favorite, go ahead and give it a shot.

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
I haven't even gotten far in the game and within the first few seconds the dialog and voice acting...nearly everything so far is just on par with Deus Ex's Style and Quality.TNM is pure pwnage (dot com) Almost forgot.Even playing Pong,Brickout,and Tetris in the computers is pure genious.Not to even mention the IRC Client in those computers as well.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Yes! Best SP game I've ever played (and I got a huge kick out of the MP as well)! I can't wait to try this mod out!

I hope those DX graphical enhancement mods come out soon...

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Oh. My. God. The Nameless Mod was finished? Amazing!

That a mod effort can be sustained for so long is astounding. I was looking forward to this release for a long time, and then completely forgot about it, figuring it was deader than dirt. I love being wrong, and regret it doesn't happen often enough!

Downloading! Wait! I've got to install Deus Ex! Woot!