*Desparate* Need help with triggers..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
I worked an entire day on the triggers..it still doesn't work!

Trigger--->dispatcher--->plays my bombing sound
---> 3 secs later the Eartquake begins.

The most important thing is that the 'Quake'must start 3 secs after the bombing.
(You hear a fighter aproaching and then a serie of HUGE explosions + the Earthquake)
I need to know the right settings..i could't get it to work propperly.

Trigger:
--------------
Event:
Tag:

Music_event
---------------
Event:
Tag:

EartQuake
------------
Event:
Tag:

-----------------
Dispatcher
Event:
Tag:
Outdelays:
Outevents:

ak.gif

alright, see if i can solve this...

Trigger: set to collide with player
--------------
Event: start
Tag: none

Music_event - *is this the bombing sound? i'd say use a special event to play the ambient sound
---------------
Event:
Tag: bombs

EartQuake
------------
Event:
Tag: quake

-----------------
Dispatcher
Event:
Tag: start
Outdelays: 0, 3
Outevents: bombs, quake

Lost

monkey.gif

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
YES! It worked!!

Many thanks -Lost- !!

Only one tiny little question left, how can you increase the sound radius of the special_event ??
I want that everyone hears it tru the entire map.
Changing it the regular way does not work
(see picture)

ak.gif

bastard_o

Lead Designer
I could and hope I am wrong, but I expect you will need to place many sound actors around your level so that everybody hears it... I don't think you can increase the radius of this type of triggered sound effect.

I have always had trouble will ambient_sound effects myself, took me ages to work out how to trigger a sound effect that would play for a certain amount of time then stop... Tricky stuff.

Bastard'O

can't you just set it so that it plays the sound once? i can't remember how i stopped it and i got rid of the map where i figured all this stuff out :(

if you put broadcast? i think that's what it was called. anyway, if you turn that on then special_event messages get sent to everyone, that could make everyone hear it. otherwise you should do what bastard'o said and scatter them throughout the level

actually, what you could do is have a mover outside of the level or whatever and trigger that and use opening_sound as the bombing sound. i think you can make that so everyone would hear it. at least one of these things should work i hope

Lost

monkey.gif