Demos

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
First of all, I would like to see an auto demo-recording available through the GUI, not just ini (add in auto screenshot through GUI while you're at it). Heres why. I would like to see a dialog box at the end of each match, prompting you to (a) give the demo a file name OR (b) give it the standard UTComp-style (computer-generated) file name OR (c) delete the demo.

So we don't have to sort out the demos every week or accidentally delete good frags. Plus, expect to see a lot more frag vids this way, always a good thing.

There should be a "Remember my selection" checkbox in case you don't want to go through the dialog box everytime.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
^ :D

There's a lot that could be changed about the current demo system, but I doubt they'll do anything worthwhile. I had a whole list of stuff in my head that would make the demo system 10x better but I forgot them all right before I went to type this. :(

One thing that would be nice is if the demos folder supported subfolders so you could organize things and still get to them through the GUI. I have my demos organized now, but I have to exit the game to watch them so I can double-click the file and have DemoWatcher launch it. :eek:

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
How about a seeker in demos, i hate having to fastforward to find the right spot, then miss it because the fastforward lags my computer too much :<. And they should also allow for free camera in demos that arent serverside.

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Only thing I don't like about 2004's demo system is it absolutely refusing to load because of a small, insignificant little "package" that probably can't even be found anymore. I mean, you shouldn't need a wimpy server logo or a non-existent voicepack to run a demo.

Oh, and demos involving vehicles are something else, but that should be easily fixed.
:cool: