dead graphics card ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
seems that my graphics card died. I'm not sure if it's that or something else, that's why I'm posting here.
a 7950GX2, I've had it for almost 2 years, and 2 weeks ago it was crashing in games. I thought it was an overheating problem, put a fan back on (the 12" in front of my case) and the problem vanished. however, yesterday evening, the problem came back while I was 3 minutes in HL2 : EP2, and I can't even boot properly anymore ! why ? cause everything is ****ed up ! here's a pic showing the kind of things I'm having on POST.

[screenshot]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8233/img0094qj0.jpg[/screenshot]

I've tried both graphics' plugs, changed cable, nothing. I'm using my screen with a very old laptop (the PC i'm on now), and no problems are to be seen.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
well the thing is that I've bought it in the states and brought it back in France, so even if I could send it back to newegg, will it be able to send it back to France ?

Seems like I'll need to update my card :\

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
You could try to send it directly to the manufacturer for RMA. They should have an office in France or a neighboring country.

denia

Jun 17, 2008
Hi
You are not clear with your thoughts, will you give more information. So I can help you out in this matter.