Damn! One long word!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
If it's real.

Acetylseryltyrosylserylisoleucylthreonylserylprolylserylglutaminylphenylalanylvalylphenyl-
alanylleucylserylserylvalyltryptophylalanylaspartylprolylisoleucylglutamylleucylleucylasparaginyl-
valylcysteinylthreonylserylserylleucylglycylasparaginylglutaminylphenylalanylglutaminylthreonyl-
glutaminylglutaminylalanylarginylthreonylthreonylglutaminylvalylglutaminylglutaminyl-
phenylalanylserylglutaminylvalyltryptophyllysylprolylphenylalanylprolylglutaminylserylthreonylvalyl-
arginylphenylalanylprolylglycylaspartylvalyltyrosyllysylvalyltyrosylarginyltyrosylasparaginylalanyl-
valylleucylaspartylprolylleucylisoleucylthreonylalanylleucylleucylglycylthreonylphenylalanylaspartyl-
threonylarginylasparaginylarginylisoleucylisoleucylglutamylvalglutamylasparaginylglutaminyl-
glutaminylserylprolylthreonylthreonylalanylglutamylthreonylleucylaspartylalanylthreonyl-
arginylarginylvalylaspartylaspartylalanylthreonylvalylalanylisoleucylarginylserylalanyl-
asparaginylisoleucylasparaginylleucylvalylasparaginylglutamylleucylvalylarginylglycyl-
threonylglycylleucyltyrosylasparaginylglutaminylasparaginylthreonylphenylalanylglutamyl-
serylmethionylserylglycylleucylvalyltryptophylthreonylserylalanylprolylalanylserine.

It has 1,185 letters if u must know.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I hear that is one of Steve Stiffler's favorite words

9a.gif

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (45 letters)
is the longest word in any English-language dictionary.

1,913-letter chemical name for the tryptophan synthetase A protein:

METHIONYLGLUTAMINYLARGINYLTYROSYLGLUTAMYLSERYLLEUCYLPHENYLALANYLALANYLGLUTAMINYLL
EUCYLLYSYLGLUTAMYLARGINYLLYSYLGLUTAMYLGLYCYLALANYLPHENYLALANYLVALYLPROLYLPHENYLAL
ANYLVALYLTHREONYLLEUCYLGLYCYLASPARTYLPROLYLGLYCYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLGLUTAMINYLSERYL
LEUCYLLYSYLISOLEUCYLASPARTYLTHREONYLLEUCYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLALANYLGLYCYLALANYLASPA
RTYLALANYLLEUCYLGLUTAMYLLEUCYLGLYCYLISOLEUCYLPROLYLPHENYLALANYLSERYLASPARTYLPROLY
LLEUCYLALANYLASPARTYLGLYCYLPROLYLTHREONYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMINYLASPARAGINYLALANYLTHRE
ONYLLEUCYLARGINYLALANYLPHENYLALANYLALANYLALANYLGLYCYLVALYLTHREONYLPROLYLALANYLGLU
TAMINYLCYSTEINYLPHENYLALANYLGLUTAMYLMETHIONYLLEUCYLALANYLLEUCYLISOLEUCYLARGINYLGL
UTAMINYLLYSYLHISTIDYLPROLYLTHREONYLISOLEUCYLPROLYLISOLEUCYLGLYCYLLEUCYLLEUCYLMETH
IONYLTYROSYLALANYLASPARAGINYLLEUCYLVALYLPHENYLALANYLASPARAGINYLLYSYLGLYCYLISOLEUC
YLASPARTYLGLUTAMYLPHENYLALANYLTYROSYLALANYLGLUTAMINYLCYSTEINYLGLUTAMYLLYSYLVALYLG
LYCYLVALYLASPARTYLSERYLVALYLLEUCYLVALYLALANYLASPARTYLVALYLPROLYLVALYLGLUTAMINYLGL
UTAMYLSERYLALANYLPROLYLPHENYLALANYLARGINYLGLUTAMINYLALANYLALANYLLEUCYLARGINYLHIST
IDYLASPARAGINYLVALYLALANYLPROLYLISOLEUCYLPHENYLALANYLISOLEUCYLCYSTEINYLPROLYLPROL
YLASPARTYLALANYLASPARTYLASPARTYLASPARTYLLEUCYLLEUCYLARGINYLGLUTAMINYLISOLEUCYLALA
NYLSERYLTYROSYLGLYCYLARGINYLGLYCYLTYROSYLTHREONYLTYROSYLLEUCYLLEUCYLSERYLARGINYLA
LANYLGLYCYLVALYLTHREONYLGLYCYLALANYLGLUTAMYLASPARAGINYLARGINYLALANYLALANYLLEUCYLP
ROLYLLEUCYLASPARAGINYLHISTIDYLLEUCYLVALYLALANYLLYSYLLEUCYLLYSYLGLUTAMYLTYROSYLASP
ARAGINYLALANYLALANYLPROLYLPROLYLLEUCYLGLUTAMINYLGLYCYLPHENYLALANYLGLYCYLISOLEUCYL
SERYLALANYLPROLYLASPARTYLGLUTAMINYLVALYLLYSYLALANYLALANYLISOLEUCYLASPARTYLALANYLG
LYCYLALANYLALANYLGLYCYLALANYLISOLEUCYLSERYLGLYCYLSERYLALANYLISOLEUCYLVALYLLYSYLIS
OLEUCYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLGLUTAMINYLHISTIDYLASPARAGINYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLPROLYLGLUTA
MYLLYSYLMETHIONYLLEUCYLALANYLALANYLLEUCYLLYSYLVALYLPHENYLALANYLVALYLGLUTAMINYLPRO
LYLMETHIONYLLYSYLALANYLALANYLTHREONYLARGINYLSERINE

[Edited by Lizard Of Oz on December 8th, 2000 at 12:42 AM]

henke

Jun 6, 2000
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
the logest english word

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (45 letters; a lung disease caused by breathing in certain particles) is the longest word in any English-language dictionary. (It is also spelled -koniosis.)

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
/me puts on smart ass chemist voice

A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, ACTUALLY.

Don't know much Chemistry stuff so if that's all the amino acids I wouldn't really know. Just cut and pasted it from a site cos it looked good.

Anyway, while we're on the subject here's the other two "long words" (which have been mentioned here already methnks):

flockynockyinflabilifications :)

antidisestablishmentarianism :p

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
hehe

After Lizard mentioned the word "protein" I now know what that stuff is! :)

It's a list of all the different amino acids (there are 27 or something different) linked together in a chain forming the protein. (whatever it is exactly) It's a macro molecule.

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
let's not forget the real champ:

floccinaucinihilipilification

which is defined as 'the estimation of something as worthless'.

This word is actually held to be the longest non-placename, non-factitious (ie. non-artificial) word. There are longer artificial words, which do appear in dictionaries, such as supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, certain place names, not to mention diseases and chemicals, but floccinaucinihilipilification is pretty defensible as the Real Thing.
It appears in period literature somewhat regularly. I've only seen it in one modern piece of writing however (Heinlein's Number of the Beast, and he was just being a smartass :) ).

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
mute!!!!!!!!

I am forever in your debt! It looks like we just thought of the same word although you probably spelt it right.

floccinaucinihilipilification

Come to think of it, I don't know where I got that other spelling from if ur's is right.

Hah, courseworks! I have more resources than even the most advanced lifeform could be possibly begin to imagine!

Orkin Man

Jul 31, 2000
Damn! And I thought methylchloroisothiazolinone (back of a shampoo bottle) was by far the longest word in the world.....