Cut the chatter!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

krate

Newbie for life
May 23, 2001
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Please oh please give me an off switch for the chat.
If someone is spamming the chat with drivel,
if someone wants to share their theory on race or politics,
if some crackpots get into a ranting match,
I wish I could just switch the chat off.

A gag option for specific players would be even nicer, but I'll be happy if I just get my off-switch.

Or is it already there and I just missed it?

Thanks!

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I *think* you can turn off all chats, but so far you can't block a single person's messages.

Just turn off the chatbox and you shouldn't find ignoring the crap during gameplay too difficult...

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
A 'mute player/team/all/dead players'-type command could be useful.
That would allow people to 'ignore' players that think that 'spamming' is good.

krate

Newbie for life
May 23, 2001
Silicon Valley
Visit site
An option to gag all but the living people on your own team is a great idea!

Also, I can't see any way to get rid of the chat now. It beeps and pops up on the top of the screen all the time. I can stick a post-it over the chat area, but I can't stop the beep. It is really hard for me to ignore it, and I wish I could just make it go away. I should post some paticularly idiotic blather here as an example, but I am sure you are already familiar with what it is like.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I think it's called 'messagebeep' in the audio-preferences section.
The problem is that that disables *all* messagebeeps.

An option to disable it for the 'ghosts' and 'generic say' would allow you to decide what messages you want alerts for and which messages you want don't.

{LOD}WolfBear

Cannon Fodder
May 2, 2001
Texas
Visit site
Since I have not seen anybody do this one yet how about we replace the robar and DE with a chat spammer killer weapon. If anybody chats more than once per 30 seconds alt fire will nuke their whole team!!!

Seriously though an ignore would be nice

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]