custom utxs to make my custom utx?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
theres acouple of different custom textures i use to make my maps with. and sometimes i use more than one so that can make the zip file quit large. im planing on making my own custom textures by compiling the ones i use most. would this be ok?

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
its about 2.5mb so far(unzipped), but thats including textures from 4-5 different sets. so i think it would really cut down the overall size of my maps. where can i find some good gothic/medieval textures?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
yah dood, it can cut down the size of the map, but where is the map gonna end up, in the zip, and what else is in the zip, right the texture file, so whats the end result ? right the same size for people to download
no ideas for the textures finding thing btw

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
what i really hate is if peeps put x megs of a q3tex-set or similar in their zip, eventhough they just use like two or three of the thirty textures in there...

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Rabid Wolf
what i really hate is if peeps put x megs of a q3tex-set or similar in their zip, eventhough they just use like two or three of the thirty textures in there...
um, thats where most of the textures im refering to come from, lol, i was using 2 different quake utxs so i thought i would make 1 file out of the textures that i used from them. and others like the 2 or 3 i used in DM_Ktulu and others. where can i get the wheel of time textures?

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by lucifix
where can i get the wheel of time textures?
well, the easiest thing would be for you to buy the whole game (it's on budget now anyways, and is very good to boot, but becomes ever harder to find...)
there also is a UT custom map or two which imported some of these texes, but I forgot which these were... :p

other than that I'd suggest either DM-Rune Thorstadt . Which is an adaption of a map for the game "Rune", importing some of that game's textures.
Or you download DM-Embryonic Death which has some thirty Q2 (I think) textures of the nature you're looking for.

(not that either of these maps is much good, but you're just looking for the textures anyway...)