1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Custom models

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by cole_bie, Feb 27, 2005.

1. cole_bie

cole_bie ^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^

If you want something added just post the topic you want it in, ie: mapping, coding, character creation, etc. Then underneath that post the actual tutorials and I will add them to the post.

General-
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/-then go to downloads then unreal technology. this has some of the best video tuts I have ever seen.

www.3dtotal.com -There are a lot of tutorials for modeling, texturing etc.

www.poopinmymouth.com -(yeah, really!) which was linked from one of the 3d total tuts.

Character Creation-
    http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/discmage/discmage1.asp -awesome tutorial on how to create a completely custom model, skeleton, animations, the whole nine yards.

Mapping-
    http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Home_Page -Great site on just about everything you will need for mapping.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome -Another great site to learn UnrealEd. Run by epic.

http://www.planetunreal.com/architectonic/first_level.html -Posted by Kantham, great site with tons of tutorials. If you want to learn UEd3, than check this site out.

Coding-
    Coming Soon!

Vehicle Creation-

http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome -This site has some great thorough vehicle creation tutorials. Run by epic.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  2. JonAzz

JonAzz UA Mapper

Agree.

3. cole_bie

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. Stuart Lee

Stuart Lee New Member

5. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Maybe you should suggest an actual tutorial thread covering mapping, coding or whatever to the admins. Then get people to add stuff as and when they can. Like we're doing on SkinCity forum ;) Nice 'n tidy

6. cole_bie

I checked it out, and that is exactly what i want to do with this thread.

7. The Helios

The Helios Keeper of the Ancient Ones

Good Idea.
    And nothing more ordered than Skin City ;)

8. cole_bie

If you want something added just post the topic you want it in, ie: mapping, coding, modeling, etc. Then underneath that post the actual tutorials and I will add them to the first post.

9. -=CC=-S!XSHOT

-=CC=-S!XSHOT New Member

Would anyone like to make me a sixshot model =)

10. cole_bie

I would kind of like to keep this thread as a place for begining modelers, texturers, etc to find tutorials to help them out, so please dont spam it with model requests. Sorry if I come off as rude.

11. Michelrpg

Michelrpg New Member

Do you happen to know where I can find any tutorials about how to make a UT skin from scratch, but is NOT based on an existing skin? (like the Megatron skin, its not based on another skin). Also, if it could include what certain terms mean etc, it would be appreciated :)

12. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

You are talking about models.
    A skin is the texture on the model.

13. courtney

courtney New Member

Right, I probebly sound stupid asking this question, but how do you export the meshes made on Maya PLE to UT2004 editor?

14. Pugnacious

Pugnacious New Member

I need to know how to extract/modify UT2k4 models(UEd 3.0), but WITHOUT 3DStudio! I dont have a few grand to buy it(or Maya) was wondering if there were any free/shareware programs I could use.

15. cole_bie

*Sigh* Can you guys read. This thread is for beginners who would like to learn how to make custom models, and get them ingame. If you post in this thread it should have a tutorial in the post. This thread is not for you to ask ask questions about extracting models or meshes, or any other question for that matter. So please if you have a question make a thread, dont take over this one.

16. Pugnacious

Pugnacious New Member

Sry, had stuff to do, so I was in a hurry.

17. ~Cyn~

~Cyn~ New Member

its kinda old this thread, but would any of these tools be compatible with lineage 2? well i know that lineage 2 runs on the unreal engine but some programs arent compatible with lineage 2 files. for instants, UTPT (unreal tournament package tool) can view all of the l2 texture files and sounds, but it cant view the skeletal meshes coz it says its unknown. and other programs just cant read them at all. (yes i have just joined today so im not used to this stuff so go easy on me)

18. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  19. hothead 49

hothead 49 New Member

I need help i just need to know how to creat character? plz help

20. champion of blake

champion of blake New Member

is there a tutoral for dummys or some thing