CTF-Sfear]|[

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Originally posted by StoneViper
i really don't know exactly when i will have time to start on this level. i was kinda hoping someone else will. maybe after the year's end.

You was kinda hoping I would make the sphere for you? ;)

Constructing a new sphere (where you can walk on the outside) will probably take me a whole day. I'm willing to do it for you so you can decorate it and make it fun to play, but I don't have any totally free days for the next 2 weeks. If you don't want the challange of making a sphere, you'll have to wait 2 weeks till I have time to do it.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
all right I confess, yeah, i did want you to make it for me, but not cause i can't, because i have no free days at all; not with 2 jobs. and it would take me a lot longer to construct the sphere than you. I will wait 2 weeks. Besides, you have copyright on the "sfear" name.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Originally posted by Luggage
And add a bit of *architecture* to the new sphere of fear this time! hehe

We'll leave that to StoneViper this time! :)

I couldn't add much of architecture to my sfear because framerates were already high enough, specially when playing with lots of people, because you're able to see each and everyone of them at the same time.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Hey StoneViper, do you want to make just a sfear where you can walk on the outside with flags on both poles (which would make it exactly the opposite of CTF-Sfear][)? Or do you want to make a sphere were you can walk on both the outside and inside?!

For example, you could save the old sfear with the red flag in place. Instead of the blue flag on the other pole, you could make a tunnel (or portal) which would lead to the outside of the sphere (the blue base). On the opposite end of the sphere would then be the blue flag (actually right under/above the red flag). You could visualized this by a piece of glass and a warpzone under the flags.

The red team would seem to have an advantage, because you can see and shoot at everyone inside the sphere. However the blue team has a bigger surface on the outside, and maybe some 'snipertowers' (without sniperrifles, because these can't shoot through warpzones).

What do you say?

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
just make the geo. All i want is the floor of the planet. Try to get as many separate map sections as you can without going over 60 zones. if i can contact rachel_c about her theory about that skybox thing, it might have one. If worst comes to worst, i will have to make it plain black like some quakeIII levels.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
I've done some calculating today and I think I can make a sphere out of 8 pieces, like an octahedron. More pieces (12 like a dodecahedron or 20 like an icosahedron) isn't going to work, because those configurations would need 60 zones for warpzones alone. If you want more than 8 pieces, you'll have to think of some way to fit the pieces to form a sphere yourself.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Oh and you've never said anything about the radius of the new sphere.

My old sfear has a radius of 1280 units.

I'm building the new sphere with a radius of 2048 units (which is significantly bigger) and a sphere-to-skybox distance of also 2048 units, so rockets go a long way before 'hitting' the sky.

I thought this would be OK, but in case you feel otherwise, you have to say so asap!

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Unfortunately it doesn't work the way I wanted yet... :mad:

I think there's something wrong with the angles. This should be a conjuction of 4 segments (I gave all segments different textures to prevent disorientation while testing), but it appears I miscalculated some angles... :(