CTF-FacingPyramids(soon to be released)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Couchman

Feb 1, 2005
OK, my newest map is finally here!

this is the second map im planning to publish, it should be in the attachment thing if i did it right, last time i came here i was told that if i ever wanted some1 to beta test it out for me just to ask, so if you guys wanna play it to test it out just ask and if you have a server we could play it

BASICALLY what this is - its the level DM-Pyramid from UT99 set up on either side as a Facing Worlds map, which makes it 2 very uniques in one, from what ive played so far, its quite entertaining, the Pyramids basically have the same dimensions as their old counterparts, and the center part i obviously added in. The map does work with bots so far, even though they are a little slow and take their time in the water, they have the full ability to capture a flag on both sides.

Attachments

• mymap=).jpg
    mymap=).jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 65

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
My first suggestion would be to drop it. Go back to UnrealEd with some original ideas. Face has been beaten to death. Everyone will just groan at another redux. If you don't have anything interesting to offer to the map cliche, don't do it.

danielgeurts

Rakiayn
Mar 23, 2005
holland
Reciprocity said:
My first suggestion would be to drop it. Go back to UnrealEd with some original ideas. Face has been beaten to death. Everyone will just groan at another redux. If you don't have anything interesting to offer to the map cliche, don't do it.

thats just your oppinion
if somebody makes a map like that and he has fun building it,then let him do that
if you dont like it,to bad for you,im sure there are other people who do

it looks like a nice map to me

Last edited:

danielgeurts

Rakiayn
Mar 23, 2005
holland
a remake like that can be fun,but i wouldnt recommend building it,
first of all it isnt your own map,i cant find any fun in making something that is not mine,
but if this guy wants to do that,then let him,
the idea is funny,
so i would like to give it a spin

Couchman

Feb 1, 2005
yes exactly its new and funny, a wierd deathmatch map made into a classic capture the flag map, its interesting to play with bots, and im sure a human player could adapt and find many strategys to it

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I hate to dissapoint you, but it's really nothing new/original :hmm:

Imho, Dm-pyramid is one of the worst stock maps of the game.

The only good thing it had going was the skybox.

At least your version looks better. Slightly.

Ever tried Jailbreak for UT? -> JailbreakIII

Well, it has a rebuild of Dm-phobos.
But instead of mirroring the level, it was altered. The lay-out is still quite familiar, yet new and refreshing.
(Jailbreak levels can be compared to CTF ones)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, I didn't say I hate your imagination 0_°
If you are creative, come up with something more unique :)

There's even a version of face (iirc) which looks a lot like the level you're building.
It's just not original, that's all. Doesn't mean you should stop working on it!
You have fun building it, don't let anybody stop you.

danielgeurts

Rakiayn
Mar 23, 2005
holland
yeah,i have that feeling to sometimes,
wenn i did my best making a map for people to enjoy,
and then people would just ,ignore me wenn i ask for comments,or say that my maps suck at everything,not even featback,
but that doesnt stop me,i build it because its fun to build,for me

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So far nobody has trolled their way into this thread with a 'omg your map sucks dude" comment, Couchman ^_^

So far they've told you what it might end up to be.
And I can say Dm-pyramid was bad, that's just a matter of taste.

And yes, there will be people who'll love/like/enjoy playing this map.

It would be boring if we'd all like the same, eh ;O)

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
I didn't like pyramid either. It was just spamming the center.

The concept of pyramid was really nice though, gotta keep that in mind. Anyways, I like remakes as long it's mostly not the same as the original and there are enough maps wich do just that.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
danielgeurts said:
yeah,i have that feeling to sometimes,
wenn i did my best making a map for people to enjoy,
and then people would just ,ignore me wenn i ask for comments,or say that my maps suck at everything,not even featback,
but that doesnt stop me,i build it because its fun to build,for me

Daniel, I like your stuff. It shows potential but it's far into the Unreal 1 spectrum of maps to get noticed. Look at some of the greats in the UT world or look up some Architecture tuts. Anything. PM for advice or some beta-testing. I'd be happy to help in any way.

danielgeurts

Rakiayn
Mar 23, 2005
holland
Reciprocity said:
Daniel, I like your stuff. It shows potential but it's far into the Unreal 1 spectrum of maps to get noticed. Look at some of the greats in the UT world or look up some Architecture tuts. Anything. PM for advice or some beta-testing. I'd be happy to help in any way.

hey thanks reciprocity for offering your help :)
so far i've looked at the architekre tutorial from hourences,
but i will be surtenly looking for more tuts
i've learned quite much lately and iam deffinetly improving,as i received advice from other mappers
the GoaT teached me a new way of mapping,
first make the layout,then the rest,one step at a time
this helped me so much,
before this,i would just build at one room untill im saticefied with it,and then build a new one
im currently working on a new dm-map,if you would like to beta test it some time it would be nice :)
the layout is already there,
if you see my other maps,you notice the lack of layout,its true,I admit it,
i didnt care for it before,but now i do care,
the new map has Z-axis and bridges, and stuff
i wouldnt describe the layout as brilliant,but it is a major improvement compared to dm-lavatempel2 and DM-Sting
i will PM you some time

greetings from

daniel geurts