CTF-4-FaceClassic Preview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Teddie updated his site with a screenshot of his upcoming CTF-4-FaceClassic map. The "4" should let you know right away that this one is intended for use with the CTF-4 gametype that is currently being resurrected in this forum thread.

A wallpaper sized (1600 x 1200 .gif) is also available.
The structure in the middle was done for a few reasons such as gameplay, optimization (huge help in optimizing), visual, etc.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Hmmm, the first one had an additional diagonal route so you could get from say the red base to the yellow base without having to go to the center first.

Either way, can't wait for this mod. 4 way Techdream all the way! ;) :D

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
im looking forward to CTF4 a lot. im trying to remember the name of the map from ut99 that i really liked.. i believe it was morphias, but made into a ctf4 map.. idk, it was one of the city-like maps.. it was a lot of fun playing :D

TyeFang

Ambassador
{MåçE} said:
im looking forward to CTF4 a lot. im trying to remember the name of the map from ut99 that i really liked.. i believe it was morphias, but made into a ctf4 map.. idk, it was one of the city-like maps.. it was a lot of fun playing :D

was it CTF-UrbanUprising?

im looking forward to CTF4 as well :D

Nov 8, 2004
Hamilton, New Zealand
One word, (or maybe 2) Sledgehammer. best CTFM map, by a long way.

I don't understand why everyone likes tech dream that much, I kept falling off the sides. I think, can't relly remeber, only can remeber Sledgehammer!!

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Shrimp said:
Wow, looking cool :D

Just one question - what's with the .gif-ness ;).
It's 1600x1200. You want to Download a 5 MB JPG? :p

Anyway, work on the mod will tie up Sunday, then the rest of the team and I will do some last-minute tweaks, net tests, what have you, and then we'll begin to upload to various mirrors (Who shall not be disclosed - don't beg them early, either ;)) to prepare for Friday, when the mod will be officially released and out 3 1/2 month long work will finally bear fruit.

Last edited:

`Ghost`

'Spookje'
Nov 7, 2004
Wales, UK
a2gaming.cjb.net
You're in luck! I thought ahead for people like you. There is an .ini file that specifies which skins are allowed and what packages they are from. If you create your own skin with green and gold versions, all you have to do is put it in the ini file, and you'll be able to play with it in CTF4.
If someone chooses a model or skin that does not have green and gold versions, their player will fall back to the default model

I think that was written by Overload on the atari forums about the mod :( rather disappointing for those skin collectors such as myself o/ and I was looking forward to the release

`Ghost`

'Spookje'
Nov 7, 2004
Wales, UK
a2gaming.cjb.net
No im not blaming the mod for that. If I was id be pretty stupid because most custom models (if not all) dont have 4 team skins supporting gold and green :| But an option to allow all custom skins wouldnt be bad ;)

November 19th .... I think ill sit here still and silent until that day ............... :| or I could wait :D