*cries tears of joy*

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lukasz

Oct 3, 2001
Visit site
http://pc.ign.com/articles/354/354792p1.html

The game that brought me into realistic fps, and pc fps in general, is finally getting a sequel, weeee!

I don't care if there are no iron sights, or whatever realistic things inf has and this game won't, it's gonna be great. Unreal 2 engine is a big encouragement. I have been waiting for another sequel forever, because I just love the story and the series. I'm sure many of you share that so I posted here (!!).

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Meh, GR is more militaristic.. You would think by now everyone would be kinda tired of the same old CS type deal...

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
of course we want more! :D
why its the most popular online game of all time according to leading gamer magazines.

and the editors of said game magazines should know better than any player, right? :p

(anyways.. bout time redstorm realized they cant code an engin worth ****)

Lukasz

Oct 3, 2001
Visit site
This ain't GR man (!!). I didn't like GR much. Beat it, played some awesome multiplayer with friends, then I found inf. Rainbow Six I will always love though. The story and CQB action is great. It's no CS either. I would put it right up there with Inf in realism if it had actual gun sights. Least they don't show the weapon in 1st person.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Eh..I don't really like GR..You have to wait too long in the beginning to actually play, and I can't ever tell what I'm doing or where I'm going lol. I guess it just takes more time to get used to, but I already play games WAY too much (Not just INF. Sorry guys, I've been cheating on you). So another game might just ruin my teen days...

As to the new release of Rogue Spear, I'd say it looks promising. From the one picture I can't really tell much, but I think it looks very good. :)

MadWolf

[AFA] Support team
Mar 4, 2002
Piacenza, Italy
Visit site
Noone liked Swat 3?
i liked it almost like R6 :mwink:
Curious to know what u think about it.
I am waiting Swat4, but i think it will be very unrealistic.
(i hate realistic games without 1st person weapons!!!!)
madwolf---->:stick:<----programmer

MeckonOmega

Meckon (Mech-on)
Know what I liked, was not being able walk on small heeps of garbage, that made me jump for joy:rolleyes:

and all that fun I had aiming without the perpixel aiming... man, I was taking downers just to keep from singing coom-by-ya....

and that those crosshairs were a bucket o' monkeys as well...

need I go on..... shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Swat3 may have technical drawbacks, such as its crosshairs, but its tacics, variety of enemy behaviours and the fact that you had to arrest people, not exterminate them, made it superior to R6 IMO. At a first glance i loved R6, but i felt really wrong when they gave you assasination missions or when the mission whose objective was "infiltrate the terrorist lab" was in fact "kill all terrorists in the area"... :mad:
Plus what i looooved was the clever heartbeat sensor, which was accurate enough to differentiate the vilains (red dot) from the nice guys (white dots)... :rolleyes: Not only was it unrealistic, but also very representative of Clancy's "Good vs Evil" ideology..... :rolleyes:

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
Amen

It was the exact same for me. I never even finished RS and uninstalled it after a month. The 'Exterminator' missions are fun a couple of times, but then they're just like killing monsters in Duke3d. A rush, but overall pretty lame, not to mention pretty unrealistic. The R6 series was much like clancy's books were from that one on: A good read, some good ideas, but a lot of pseudo-techno babble and easy on the brain black and white painting.

Did they even have bullet penetration modelled in R6? I can't remember any, but I might be wrong.

SWAT3 is the all time AI king, and good AI is good replay value. I can look at guns in my Jane's.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
I have a question

What is this thread doing in the GENERAL Infiltration forum?

Just wondering

C

Lukasz

Oct 3, 2001
Visit site
They actually have something like the Heartbeat Sensor in developement in real life. Remember these games are always set in the near future, so they can take some creative liberties. You know, depending on diffuculty, the sensor would stop differentiating between friend and foe. With the crazy aim AI they had, the sensor was pretty much needed to do anything, heh.

The original engine for the series sucks. It was awesome back when the first game came out (the first game of its kind), and acceptable for the second. I'm just glad they gave up making their own, heh.

About the seek and destroy missions... That is what the team is for. They were the last resort. If you know the whole story behind the books/games, it makes perfect sense. They're not there to arrest people, hell they don't even exist. Read some AAR's on SEAL, SAS raids, and the like (here's one ). They sooo don't take prisoners in situations the game portrayed. Like I said, I like the story, heh.