creating own map - bot problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

exxos

Feb 3, 2012
uk
Spent all week trying to figure out the editor, seems most of the time it crashes! Though I have my first map now, everything seems fine, but all the bots go on the blue team, now in unreal settings its set to bots balance teams, this works (and always has) fine with any other map, other than the one I have created.

i've been though every settings with a normal map and my map, and just cant see anything related to bots. There seems to be very little info about unreal2004 about, what there is, never seems to be exactly correct either :rolleyes: Anyone any ideas ?

Chris

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Check you have enough player spawn-points and they are set equally as blue and red teams.
If you only have blue spawn-points that may explain it.

All the info you can find on the older UnrealED 2 will help you loads.

exxos

Feb 3, 2012
uk
Most are set to 0 which I presume is red, I did try that but didnt make any difference, but i will try adding some more!

I did look on other maps and on the ONS maps, the blue core are teamplayer0 and same for red core, I dont get that either.

Last edited:

exxos

Feb 3, 2012
uk
Still no luck with it :(

Most of the guides are for V3, though they seem very few and far for V2. took us about 5 days solid to draw a cube as the editor kept crashing, had to spend endless hours working out the crashes and bugs before getting anywhere. Still trying though :)

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Depends where you look ;)
http://www.oldunreal.com/editing.html

I can't help with UT2K4 specifically, as I am learning to edit stuff for UT99 at the moment (2K4 is next).
I am going through a similar stage as well, because I am converting a DM into a CTF map.
Don't forget to create choke-points as well as defence and ambush points.
Defence points are most important, or your bots will not guard the base.