UE3 - UDK Creating Map Collision?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N.E.R.D Stuidios

Sep 13, 2011
Hello! Me and my friends are creating a map for our UDK game and I'm wondering if it's possible to convert a Object(Made in Autodesk Maya) to a Collision object or something like that. We've made a map with hills and stuff which means the auto convex Collision aint working very good...

Here is a Picture of our problem: [IMG=http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5061/badcollision.th.png][/IMG]

I'll be very happy if you have a solution for this! :)

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
It might be best to use per-poly collision, maybe.
In the generic browser, find your mesh and in its properties disable "use simple box collision", "use simple line collision" and "use simple rigid body collision".

If you want to make your own collision you have to do it when exporting the mesh, you make the collision mesh in Maya with the prefix "UCX". And then export both meshes together.
Don't know which would work better.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
That looks like it should really be created using terrain/landscape.

The correct ImageShack code for vBulletin boards is "Forum" bte, not "Alt Forum".

Last edited:

N.E.R.D Stuidios

Sep 13, 2011
Allright, I'll try both your suggestions today and see which one as work the best :) Thanks for the help!
@Wormbo: I'm pretty new to this kind of forums