create a guided fire for ut2k3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

beer me

Jun 21, 2003
Visit site
i basically want to make a guided fire that work liek the redemeer when you fire it the camera doesn't go to the warhead view. I want to be able to control the projectle like you can control the redeemer alt fire for the first person perspective....
thx

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I can't think of a tutorial offhand, but I would certainly look at the source code for the redeemer. That should give you the basics on how to control the flight of your new weapon. Just don't include the code that changes the view.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Daid303 said:
The UT2003 redemeer always changes view, because it sets your current Controller.Pawn....
Yes that's a little stupid actually because you can see your bot teammates trying to follow you through the level LoL.

Anyway you have to think to what you want to do.If you want to see from your pawn and still control the redeemer you could set the viewtarget to your pawn and bBehind view,but in any case it will be difficult to keep control at the same time of the missile and of your point of view.It will be even worse if you want to keep some mobility for your player pawn.

Last edited:

beer me

Jun 21, 2003
Visit site
TaoPaiPai said:
Anyway you have to think to what you want to do.If you want to see from your pawn and still control the redeemer you could set the viewtarget to your pawn and bBehind view,but in any case it will be difficult to keep control at the same time of the missile and of your point of view.It will be even worse if you want to keep some mobility for your player pawn.

i don't want him or the character to have mobleliy while guided the projectile.. how do i or i shoudl say where do i but the Bbehind view at in the redeermer code..?

i looked the guided rocket launcher for UT but i ned somethign for UT 2k3.... thanks for your replies guys...