Crash...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Problems with coding

Was trying to export classes, and sill haven't found a way to extract one, so I extracted all, then deleted the unnecessary folders... Then made a simple mutator, compiled, and bam! I can't open U2XMP any more :( it says:
Code:
UI Class not found: Root

The log says this:
Code:
Progress: Bound to ALAudio.dll
Progress: Calling PackageInit
Init: ALAudio: subsystem initialized.
ScriptLog: Team 0
ScriptLog: Login: GreatEmerald
Log: PlayerController0 got player WindowsViewport0
Warning: SpawnActor failed because class Gunner is abstract
Warning: SpawnActor failed because class Gunner is abstract
ScriptLog: Couldn't spawn player of type Pawns.Gunner at Intro.PlayerStart0
Init: Initializing UI subsystem...
Critical: appError called:
Critical: UI Class not found: Root
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UALAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Critical: UI::ImportComponent
Critical: (Root)
Critical: UUIConsole::LoadComponent
Critical: UIConsole::_Init
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 10/03/08 19:04:59
What am I missing?

EDIT:
Never mind, I reinstalled and now it works. It somehow deleted the UIScripts folder.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
To make the topic more useful...
I get this crash while trying to open U2 static meshes from U2XMP:
Code:
ReadFile beyond EOF 19532730+2/19532730

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- TArray<< <- TArray<< <- UStaticMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMesh Full343M.Pickups.Health_Pickup 19532730==19532730/19532730 4357 167764) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="I:\Windows\U2XMP\StaticMeshes\Full343M.usx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="I:\Windows\U2XMP\StaticMeshes\Full343M.usx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="I:\Windows\U2XMP\StaticMeshes\Full343M.usx") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop
Is there a way to nicely convert the static mesh package to the one that is readable by U2XMP?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
OK, found one. You need to UTPT a mesh off U2 (USX->3DS), then import with Blender and export an ASE (3DS->ASE), then import the ASE and save the Static Mesh package (ASE->USX).
But now I get errors like this:

ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.StaticMesh: unresolved reference to 'StaticMesh'MinDeploysM.ProximitySensor.ProximitySensor''
But it's there! I copied the full path from UEd! And nothing! It keeps complaining! Anyone got these kind of errors before?

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
you should not delete any folder unless you know for sure. I would either restore those folders from recycle bin. If that fails, reinstall.

It looks like you've put more effort than either of my suggestions.

UEd does not extract code by package. UCC has a command to do it, but I don't know the exact things you have to type. If you're using UTPT also see if it can extract code.