1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Counter Strike Global Offensive beta

Discussion in 'Games' started by Juggalo Kyle, May 6, 2012.

1. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

Well, is anybody playing it? I searched, and I could have sworn there was already a thready but none turned up.

I am playing the beta on my little brother's Steam account, because I have yet to get an invite. His name on there is BcNoffNee5. It's more likely that I'm playing it than him, he's stuck on LoL right now.

But anyways, down to the game. I enjoy it, a lot. I do have a few gripes about some things, but over all, I think it will be an awesome game in the end.

I notice the spread on the M4aa seems to be greater. The recoil is a little different. The bullets go up, but your screen doesn't hardly.

The movement seems a little clunkier. I often have to double tap keys because it doesn't register sometimes. That gets annoying fast.

The new gametypes are fun. Arms race is pretty much just Gun Game like Source had. Demolition is cool. It's pretty much Arms race mixed with normal game, but on maps about 20 feet long. So it's always really quick matches. However, some of the maps for Demolition run like crap on my system, while all the others run great. Sugarcane is the worst.

The incinerator grenades are fun to play with. Makes cutting people off from their pathway nicely. I can see these being used a lot in competitive matches, forcing ones enemy into taking a specific route, then ambush.

Overall, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

There is a lot I hate about this game, but it is a massive improvement over CS:S and CS1.6 so it's kind of worthless to point all of the issues out.

3. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

I'm not sure why it's being made tbh, other than to bring the graphics more up to date. I know Valve plan on releasing on consoles, so I guess there's some money to be made there.

CS:S/1.6 players aren't all going to jump in and buy it day one.

4. Sir_Brizz

The graphics aren't that much better, though.

5. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

[​IMG]

Not the best image (from google img search), but that looks way better to me. Sure it doesn't look as good as CryEngine 3, but what do you expect? :)

6. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Yeah - massive graphical improvement but jesus, I'm so done with this type of game nowadays.
    How people keep on playing this year after year I'll never know - I'm just waiting for that new 'special' game that takes this business in a completely different direction - it's out there somewhere.

7. Sir_Brizz

I don't know, I guess the problem is that by today's standards it looks quite dated. That promotional image looks doctored.

8. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

nothing wrong with good old CS:Source. ...but what ever happened to HL²:EP3?

9. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

The concept of the Valve Handbook.

10. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Valve just seems to have trouble with the number 3
    I'd bet we'll probably see a HL²:Ep2:Act2 before we see Ep3 or HL3

11. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

I have it but not pro enough to get out of the spawn zone alive... :lol:

12. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

I do enjoy the fact that they didn't 'modernize' the game out, ie. by adding Iron sights or fancy equipment.

The base of the gameplay is the same Counter Strike I know and love, but with updated visuals, and a few nice additions.

The promo photo is a little doctored, but the game does look loads better.

13. Zer0

Zer0 .

So much worse than source, it's got a fucking CIRCULAR BUY MENU.

14. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

And the true intent is revealed!

Counter-Strike: Global Consolization

15. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I've looked at a few beta videos here and there, I just don't understand why anyone would want to play this and put CS:S away. Because it's exactly the same thing.

And I'm not talking the "Yearly-exactly-the-same-COD" way. But literally EXACTLY the same.

16. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

It's got enough changes to make it worth it, but it holds the same old school CS feel for those of us who enjoy the competitive aspect of it.

17. RoyBratten

RoyBratten New Member

There is a lot I hate about this game

18. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

the beta?

19. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

[m]http://youtu.be/Ida4D2J_riM[/m]
    The commentator is hilarious, but I never could get into CS:S, I probably won't bother with this either.