Counter Organic Revolution

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

=ST=Superjudge

...jury and, executioner...
Feb 4, 2004
www.thesupertribe.com
Hey, I was wondering if anyone over here would be interested in jumping on the Counter Organic Revolution bandwagon. Counter Organic Revolution, or COR, is a Total Conversion for UT2004. It is a fast-paced, multiplayer-only game based on the premise of shape-changing machines, or Cybernetic-Morphing Robots. Assuming the role of a unique CMR, players will find themselves caught in the middle of a mechanical revolution. The COR faction, which once served as mankind’s resource-mining slaves, have cut off all contact with their human rulers. Now, they are being invaded by an army of superior CMRs, piloted by the GHC’s most loyal and skilled members of their elite military. The Great Human Council will stop at nothing to thwart the COR’s uprising.

Gameplay in COR is extremely team oriented, and includes a capture the flag mode, team deathmatch mode, and the revolutionary Linear Multiplayer Progression mode (story mode). Players will learn to utilize both vehicle and humanoid forms of their CMR, while also taking advantage of their teammate’s capabilities. For example, the smaller in stature, unshielded emergency-shell CMR can sneak into an enemy fortress through the ventilation system. Then, he can recover the enemy flag and bring it back to his base by catching a ride on a friendly aircraft. This style of team-oriented gameplay is the main focus of COR.

Every aspect of the game has a slight anime-style undertone. Character designs, animations, sounds, and personalities will all be lightly based on traditional robot-style anime. Don’t expect COR to be the next Mech Warrior or Halo, though; COR is a quick and feverishly intense game that is every bit as dynamic as the transforming CMRs themselves. The first public release of COR is expected to be May 2005.

Come take a look at the videos that are available for the game. I know it's not XMP, but you might have some fun playing it in the near future anyway. No, I'm not trying to take anyone away from XMP either. I'm waiting for the beta patch just like everyone else. I'm just trying to build a little grass roots following for COR and I just need to go where the players with this type of class based gameplay are. You guys have just the right kind of gaming experience to be able to really enjoy this game.

Check it out at www.corproject.com

Now, get back to waiting for that patch!! ;)