1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Converting Models from other games?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Sil, Apr 17, 2006.

1. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

To get you started you can always ask the author if he's got it in Max/Maya/Lightwave format as that'll be a lot better and get you on your way faster. If it's not available in any of those formats then I'm assuming you could use Milkshape 3D http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

I haven't used that in quite a while but you could certainly convert Half Life models using it and it's bound to have been updated to include HL2 models (if applicable). One problem with MilkShape is that it's very limited (though it is simple to use).

Another program you could probably use is Deep Exploration by Right Hemisphere http://www.righthemisphere.com/ but iirc it costs a lot of money whereas Milkshape is cheap and there's a 30 day or so free trial of it.

That should be enough to get you in the right direction but finding somone to actually do it or help might be more difficult :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  2. Sil

Sil New Member

Well say Im directly importing the HL2 model and skin files directly into Milkshape 3D. How would that work from that point?

3. AizenSA

AizenSA The Divine Tyrant

oh I gotcha now :tup: sorry Sil didnt quite catch what you were asking.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  4. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Any screenies or names of what you mean exactly?

5. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

Moved to Requests .

6. Sil

Sil New Member

What do you mean? What I mean is that I'm looking for some help in converting non official Half Life 2 models into UT2K4 format.