UE2 - UT2kX Controlling the vehicles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow_knight

Carpe diem!
Jan 29, 2008
Prague
Some times ago I was playing with vehicles - I was trying to make the code that would be able to steer the wheels and to control the vehicle - like set power to 0.5 steering to 0 etc.

The important thing is that the Controller class was not intended to be PlayerController but AIController - or Bot.

I was completely unsuccessfull, only thing that was able to make the vehicles move was MoveTo function called from the vehicle Controller (class Bot). I don't know if there was problem with replication or just I am not allowed to set variables steering, throttle, etc. from other then PlayerController class...

Any ideas about what could go wrong? Did anyone of you tried to do something similar?

sk