Connection Failed Prob.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rectum

Feb 1, 2000
Anal, Ca
Visit site
Yeah I have a few issues with UT, one epic alredy knows about, when I disconnect from any server, I am still getting data from that server... which they say will be fixed next patch, also I have problems getting on servers, gte, & grid for isp's, only a 39k connect with a usr-x2 ext... (but hey, tfc works great!) The weird thing is I can play on all servers... except for the ones that are hosted by friends... maybe is a personal thing...

Krandar

Feb 2, 2000
Rochester MN USA
Visit site
I get the same problem. (disconnect after a random amount of play) I get it in Shogo too. Strangely, I don't recall getting it in Blood 2, but Blood 2 sucks so...I never got it in Half-Life either.

*Liquid*

Jan 11, 2000
Virginia
Possible solution:
Under Advanced options, click on TCP/IP Network Play. You should have a listing entitled "NetServerMaxTickRate". Default is 20; try using either 10 or 30. After completing this step, remember to exit and then restart UT, as the settings won't initialize properly otherwise. Let me know if this helps in any way....
rain.gif

bANd(i)t

Jan 10, 2000
Visit site
Hi *Liquid*, thanx for helping.

Well I'm sorry, I know it's a stupid question, but where do I find this Advanced Options with TCP/IP network Play? I checked all the TCP/IP Settings using Network from my Control Panel but didn't find anything with NetServerMaxTickRate. or is somewhere in-game??

Don't know, please tell me! Thanx! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

*Liquid*

Jan 11, 2000
Virginia
While running the game, you need to access the console by hitting the tilde(~) key. Type in the word "preferences" and hit enter. This will give you access to all the advanced options.
008.gif

bANd(i)t

Jan 10, 2000
Visit site
Thanx *Liquid*,

I tried that out but unfortunately it didn't help. I used 10 on the ServerMaxTickRate and the game failed after 6-7 minutes.

After that I tried 30 but there too the connection failed. (10 minutes approx.)

Anyway thakx for your help m8, if you know anything other that could help, please tell me /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Scooby

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
I hope I'm not stating the obvious - but - I had problems with chronic ping times, and my mate had the same problem as yourself with connection dropping out after 5 - 10 mins. I was using a USB 56k modem - my friend was using a 56k internal modem - When I tried using a friends 56k external modem(US Robotics) I suddenly had fantastic ping times and no problems. I bought a Diamond SupraExpress modem - again, fantastic ping times. Out of interest, I plugged my modem into my friends PC.........It didn't lose the connection once!!!!!! He has now bought a Diamond modem and has got round the problem too!! If you haven't already tried it - it might be worth borrowing a new modem and giving it a go.

bANd(i)t

Jan 10, 2000
Visit site
Thanx m8!

Perhaps I'll change in future time on ISDN, so this could help me too. If not then I'll try the external modem out. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif