1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

>>Concept for a 3 on 3 TDM and CTF ladder<<

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Nulli_Secundus, Mar 19, 2000.

1. Nulli_Secundus

Nulli_Secundus New Member

Hey all,

I was just thinking about starting a 3 on 3 TDM and CTF ladder/league. Let me know what you think. Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know if you would like to help out.

------------------
    Don't run you'll only die tired.

2. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

Uggh I don't really think 3 on 3 CTF would be too great. 5 on 5 is about the best amount of people for most maps and startegy. What UT really needs is a Ladder that recognizes more user created maps. Hell, all the hard work for all these hard working mappers needs more recognition. There are a ton of great maps out there but organizations like OGL only recognize two non-Epic created maps currently (Twin Valley and McSwartzly), and they allow those awful unsymetrical maps that came with UT.

[​IMG]
    all that I know...
    The Unknown Knows

[This message has been edited by [PuF]Evil_Beaver (edited 03-19-2000).]

3. Nulli_Secundus

So should I have something like
    5 on 5 TDM/CTF with all user created maps?

[​IMG]

4. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

No, you should still use the Epic created maps, people will not want to play if you don't include maps like Face, Lava, etc... but try to acknowledge more of the user created maps. The only problem is that you will need to extensively test each of those maps to determine whether the map has a bug or an unfair advantage that the clans might exploit. The best thing would probably hold a poll among the participating clans on whether or not the map should be allowed or not.

[​IMG]
    all that I know...
    The Unknown Knows

5. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

Actually the amount of people should be something like 4 on 4 up to 6 on 6 at the clans discretion. If less then 4 players show up for any clan then they either forfeit or they can decide to play with at a disadvantage. That would give them a little room and more options in case something unexpected happens and a member can't make it at the last minute.

[​IMG]
    all that I know...
    The Unknown Knows

6. Nulli_Secundus

Sorry about not replying...

I could not get into the topic...the page would not load so I had to go in through the "Today's active topics" link...

How about this... minimum of 4 on 4 unless playing with disadvantage and maximum of 6 on 6...

Play the popular Epic maps and hold a poll for which user made maps should be added.

Now what would be a good name for the ladder?

7. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

Yeah that sounds good to me, I am sure other people here will give more advice.

[​IMG]
    all that I know...
    The Unknown Knows

8. Nulli_Secundus

Have any ideas for a name?

[​IMG]

9. Nulli_Secundus

One other thing...

Whats PuF?

10. spyder913

spyder913 Bringer of FREE BEER

I submitted a request to ogl for a 2 on 2 deathmatch ladder.. cause it's completely different than 1 on 1 or a full tdm game... i think it would be fun =) you could have like up to 4 guys in your 'team' that could play... if anyone else thinks this would be cool go request it too -- if you don't like it, flame me or whatever =P

[​IMG]
    |elite|spyder913 #463784 - check out the |elite| clan at http://utelite.clanpages.com

Play on my server, Free Beer from |elite| unreal://128.208.57.212

11. Serpico_TC|PuF

Serpico_TC|PuF New Member

PuF = PlanetUnrealForum

A tag so we can 'see' each other on-line.
    Put it in your name if you want. No obligation to buy. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Interesting ideas...

[​IMG]
    I control the vertical and the horizontal.

12. Nulli_Secundus

How about I just do this...

2 on 2 TDM with popular epic levels and hold a poll to bring in popular user made levels...

Then have a seprarate ladder for 4 on4 to 6 on 6 CTF ladder with the same map idea.