Compliments and Questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

neonfaktory

Jun 29, 2004
Wow guys, I'm impressed, haha. Looking excellent. I've been looking for a 2k4 project to jump on to, so I'm definately keeping an eye open here if you guys ever need a modeller, texturer, or animator... or even rigger (bleh) - as long as it gets me on such a driven, quality-oriented team like this.

Just out of curiosity, what's your general turnaround time on this stuff? For example, that badass looking 4 armed dude - what time frame do you allow for something like that quality to be produced? Or are you just on an "as it gets done" basis? How have you been managing your members and meetings? What kind of deadlines? I'm interested, because even if I don't become part of a team under similar ideals, chances are I'll co-found my own on some kind of mod project.

Anyway, keep up the great work - I'll be keeping an eye on this place and your progress :).

Samurai

Corona Leonis Entertainment
Well, hey there neonfaktory. If you want to join up, there's only two things we need from you:

1. Your father's maiden name (for tax purposes)

2. Your portfolio.

If you have the STUFF, we can join you up and use you to help make something awesome. Just take your portfolio, put it in an unmarked leather bowling bag and make the drop-off at barry@coronaleonis.com (my brother's address, because he's crazy into that kind of stuff). We'll look over the goods and determine if you're eligable to "quit your day-job" (wait... don't do that).

As for the art, we generally work it until we're satisfied. We don't put restrictions on scheduling as much as we might if it were for a client (as they prefer sane turnaround times). The Shepherd, the big orange chap, took about a week to conceptualize, a couple more weeks to model, and then a few months off-and-on to texture (you have to remember that this is a 2048x2048 texture here). Animation is still underway.

We manage our team using time machines.

neonfaktory

Jun 29, 2004
Ah, cool - I'm definately interested. Will a sleeping bag work? I normally use it to carry my bowling balls seeing as I wrecked all my bowling bags sleeping in them. I'll send him a link to some of my work soon. As for the art, thanks for the info - I understand how long the texturing process can be, especially at the res 2k4 runs, but it obviously paid off as it turned out so good. Looking forward to your progress... er, past progress, depending on how you use those time machine thingers ;)

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
Samurai said:
Well, hey there neonfaktory. If you want to join up, there's only two things we need from you:

1. Your father's maiden name (for tax purposes)

2. Your portfolio.

If you have the STUFF, we can join you up and use you to help make something awesome. Just take your portfolio, put it in an unmarked leather bowling bag and make the drop-off at barry@coronaleonis.com (my brother's address, because he's crazy into that kind of stuff). We'll look over the goods and determine if you're eligable to "quit your day-job" (wait... don't do that).

As for the art, we generally work it until we're satisfied. We don't put restrictions on scheduling as much as we might if it were for a client (as they prefer sane turnaround times). The Shepherd, the big orange chap, took about a week to conceptualize, a couple more weeks to model, and then a few months off-and-on to texture (you have to remember that this is a 2048x2048 texture here). Animation is still underway.

We manage our team using time machines.
LOLOLOL I love the Eon teams insanity.

The Big Noz

Jun 2, 2004
and the MSU?

ok you have make the most beautifull work i have ever seen in all my life and i begun to play with pong and fps with wolf3d!
so i would like to know if you have tought to enter the MSU!

by!

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
What! you all think your too good for the batteries? There good enough for the rabbit!

anyhoo great job on the work so far (though I couldn't really view the demos you guys provided properly since I couldn't get past 2-10fps )