Coming Soon{tm}, MP5A4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
From the Inf Mod Team, coming to a server near you, SOON{tm}.
Heckler & Koch MP5-A4
Skinned by Kow
Modelled by Bushwack
Animated by:to be announced
Coded by: Duke, Probably...

Featuring:
New caliber: 9mm
Corrected sighting system, true Diopter
tactical foregrip flashlight
Knight Supressor
EOTECH Holo site
Fixed Stock {with possibly multiple camo options}

gun alone: 521 polys
with holosite: 620
with light, 630 polys respectively, in case anyone wanted to know.

Please remit all orders,gift certificates,and everlasting praise to the Inf Mod Team, sorry no C.O.D. accepted, no refunds, and Xmas comes early this year :p

Attachments

• MP5SkinBushwack-Kow.jpg
    MP5SkinBushwack-Kow.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Looks amazing.
Will it be part of a inf mod team weapon pack, or do we have a chance to see this baby sooner than soon™ ?

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
The community "weapon-team" is currently working on many weapons - and they have only one animator (allthough I think a second guy started recently with animating) - so I think it will be soon (tm) ;)
Yes it's pretty nice, but I'm not really a fan of weapons with camos, but still great work, especially so few polies!

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
We kind of have 3 animators: geogob, who is very busy with other stuff, Duke, who does most of the code so that's his priority, and Dr.J is learning to animate IIRC. It won't be part of the first weapon pack, it'll either be released separately or in a subsequent pack.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
mat69 said:
The community "weapon-team" is currently working on many weapons - and they have only one animator (allthough I think a second guy started recently with animating) - so I think it will be soon (tm) ;)
Yes it's pretty nice, but I'm not really a fan of weapons with camos, but still great work, especially so few polies!

I can't get **** animated. 3ds max is a plague... I wish everyone would be using maya ;)

Duke and some other getting their hand on animating, who have a better intuition then me, are doing a great job.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Proportions really do seem off in odd places. Pistol grip, trigger guard, and the area where the front of the stock connects to the back of the receiver stick out especially. Also, mag angle, foregrip, and reciever seem maybe a bit off, but I'm not sure. And the camo really doesn't suit it.

[edit]

Here's a model from another gaming community that I've been sort of involved with for some time now. It really does get the proportions (among other things) spot on. Should illustrate what I'm talking about, though the render is kind of crummy.

Attachments

• 016b.jpg
    016b.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Arethusa said:
Proportions really do seem off in odd places. Pistol grip, trigger guard, and the area where the front of the stock connects to the back of the receiver stick out especially. Also, mag angle, foregrip, and reciever seem maybe a bit off, but I'm not sure. And the camo really doesn't suit it.

[edit]

Here's a model from another gaming community that I've been sort of involved with for some time now. It really does get the proportions (among other things) spot on. Should illustrate what I'm talking about, though the render is kind of crummy.

The Camo was Kows idea and its his skin, so its always open to interpretation....
Check your variant, since the one i own and field stripped looks EXACTLY like the one i modelled....{no its NOT an AIRSOFT either} :rolleyes:
And what engine is that weapon you posted screens of come from? HL? Quake?

For UT 99, the weapons have to be VERY low poly, thus the small inconsistencies. When SS decides what engine its going to go for INF3.0 on, we will adjust the models accordingly, this ones for UT 99. I seem to remember UT2k4 can use upwards of 2000+ polys on thier weapons models with little or no FPS hit. UT should be no higher than 1000{like the SAW} this one is 621.

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Happy happy happy happy happy

The only problem I have is the urban camo grips and stock. All black is preferred.

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
Bushwack said:
The Camo was Kows idea and its his skin, so its always open to interpretation....
Check your variant, since the one i own and field stripped looks EXACTLY like the one i modelled....{no its NOT an AIRSOFT either} :rolleyes:
And what engine is that weapon you posted screens of come from? HL? Quake?

For UT 99, the weapons have to be VERY low poly, thus the small inconsistencies. When SS decides what engine its going to go for INF3.0 on, we will adjust the models accordingly, this ones for UT 99. I seem to remember UT2k4 can use upwards of 2000+ polys on thier weapons models with little or no FPS hit. UT should be no higher than 1000{like the SAW} this one is 621.
The model I posted is actually from Half-Life (though that's a render; obviously not an ingame shot), and is somewhere in the ~2500 poly range. Certainly far an away more than is viable in UT, I realize, but my point was the proportions simply don't match. It's not really an issue of mesh resolution so much as general form accuracy. I'm also not familiar with any variants that look like yours, though I am curious; if possible, could you post some photos?

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Arethusa said:

hehe you must suck pretty bad at 3D gaming! welcome to the world of perspective.

From another point of view, there where many variants of this smg. Even more important, more than one production series where put in place due to its popularity... each being a little different, depending on the market it was aimed at. The plants in Germany and In the US produced models slightly different. Thus, some difference may be seen between the MP5 from a same serie. So even when you think it's spot on, it might not be... especially when the model you are refering too look like a mix of both the US and the German built series.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
damn Freon is there anything released by the community thats perfect out the box to you? :eek:

Nice work bush and team. You guys really really kick ass. The option for mulitple camo kits would be nice if you are willing to put the work into it. Otherwise an all blacker would be best IMO but anything is acceptable as long as we get MORE GUNS!!!! Wheeeeeeeeee!

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Arethusa said:
The model I posted is actually from Half-Life (though that's a render; obviously not an ingame shot), and is somewhere in the ~2500 poly range. Certainly far an away more than is viable in UT, I realize, but my point was the proportions simply don't match. It's not really an issue of mesh resolution so much as general form accuracy. I'm also not familiar with any variants that look like yours, though I am curious; if possible, could you post some photos?

Even if he chose not to post photos of his real gun online I would take his word over yours any day of the week without even looking up the weapon online. Bush has been a Navy SEAL longer than you were alive probobly. No offense but know who you are dealing with when you spout poetry ;)

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
geogob said:
hehe you must suck pretty bad at 3D gaming! welcome to the world of perspective.

From another point of view, there where many variants of this smg. Even more important, more than one production series where put in place due to its popularity... each being a little different, depending on the market it was aimed at. The plants in Germany and In the US produced models slightly different. Thus, some difference may be seen between the MP5 from a same serie. So even when you think it's spot on, it might not be... especially when the model you are refering too look like a mix of both the US and the German built series.
That's as may be, but in my experience, I've never run into any series of MP5 that looked like Bush's. That's not to say one never existed, of course— and I never did— but only a fool would choose not to raise the question for fear of a virulently defensive community. I honestly have no idea what your crack about my sucking at 3d gaming had to do with any of this.

{GD}NTKB said:
Even if he chose not to post photos of his real gun online I would take his word over yours any day of the week without even looking up the weapon online. Bush has been a Navy SEAL longer than you were alive probobly. No offense but know who you are dealing with when you spout poetry
Possible (though unlikely; I don't believe operators tend to stay in upwards of 20 years), but I'd still like to see pictures. There's no doubt he has more experience, much less more practical experience than me, but that's no reason to not raise the question— doubly so when his earlier modelled G36 had all the same proportion issues I mentioned here. No one gets better on empty compliments. And, hell, I had no idea what Bush's profession even was.